DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Longer control sticks for the Mavic 3 standard controller?

LakeTravis

Reactions
Polar Pro made some really nice stick replacements that you could extend a bit to enhance your control for those of us who use our thumbs on top of the sticks--which I contend is the proper manner. Does anyone know if someone is, or will be, producing a similar product for the Mavic 3 standard controller? These are pretty short.

Polar Pro made some really nice stick replacements that you could extend a bit to enhance your control for those of us who use our thumbs on top of the sticks--which I contend is the proper manner. Does anyone know if someone is, or will be, producing a similar product for the Mavic 3 standard controller? These are pretty short.
I'd assume that the same ones for the Air 2/2S/Mini 2 should work with the Mavic 3 controller as they seem to be of the same design. I may be incorrect however.

Reactions: LakeTravis
I have the original PolarPro version of these (they look exactly the same). At the lowest position, they are just a tad longer than the stock sticks and absolutely provide more precise control. I slowed the response sensitivity down just a little from the default setup and the entire flight experience feels more exact.

I have the original PolarPro version of these (they look exactly the same). At the lowest position, they are just a tad longer than the stock sticks and absolutely provide more precise control. I slowed the response sensitivity down just a little from the default setup and the entire flight experience feels more exact.
Yep, I've already slowed the response down, I'm just used to the slightly taller sticks. Thanks again!

These are the ones I’m using and they are adjustable.
DD1433DC-2150-4350-8CBF-B160F02652F6.jpeg

Just curious what is the main purpose of extended sticks? I have never used them, so I am not sure what kind of benefits and comforts it gives

I like these a LOT more, there is no describing how much better the control feels... Thanks to whomever pointed them out to me on Amazon... they rock. And they even LOOK better... 🤠👍🏼

IMG_9146.jpg

Reactions: Drone Master
Just curious what is the main purpose of extended sticks? I have never used them, so I am not sure what kind of benefits and comforts it gives
There is a LOT of disagreement on this, but I've found that most "experienced" pilots agree that the proper way to operate your sticks is with your thumbs directly on top, or just to the side of them, not by gripping them with your thumb and forefinger. It allows you to make more precise movements, especially the more experienced you get. Making them a tad longer just helps in that effort.

this is a rather old, basic video, but watch the way the guy uses the sticks with just his thumbs.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonatious
go to Scootymakesstuff , they have something called CineSticks . Looking into them for my Mavic2
I found these on Amazon, they're exactly what I was looking for, you can make the taller or not. I bought two sets because I'm sure I'll end up losing one of them--although they do come with a nice little custom case with a perfect foam insert and room for four! At $12.99, why not?

Hanatora Remote Controller Stick Thumb for DJI Mavic 3,Mini 2,Air 2S,Mavic Air 2,Smart Controller,Metal Aluminum Control Joystick Rocker

IMG_9146.jpg

Last edited:
go to Scootymakesstuff , they have something called CineSticks . Looking into them for my Mavic2
the ones you are looking at are what i have been using for the last year, I'm sure there exactly what most people will use the ones i mentioned can really smooth out any movement.. look at it on e utube .Have a reat day

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman