DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LOOK OUT .. Geese!!!

kerrylaw7307

Reactions
Was out flying the outer day... down at the river. Wanted to capture some shots of geese as they flew up river. I went up, over the river and got a few nice shots. ( scene 1 & 2 ) Normally I was lower than the geese... BUT on the third shot, I was EXACTLY at the same altitude as they were! OH MY.... From what I see in this 3rd shot, they are not too scared of the MINI! LOL

Last edited:
i think the MM would have come of worst,if it had been hit ,it would have really cooked its goose

Migrating geese can be a real hazard, but they surely are beautiful. I've come upon them in the air near Death Valley. In a slow airplane..110 kts or so..you are beside them long enough to get a longer look than comfortable. They fly with a real purpose and don't seem to be concerned with the aircraft.

I’ve notice something similar with pidgins in London! Flights here are massively problematic due to DJI’s restrictive red/blue zones but I’ve managed to take flight twice and both times while hovering the Mini was circled by birds. They didn’t attack but did go around and around the Mini almost like they were trying to figure out what it was. The Mini wobbled a bit as they repeatedly circled but they then flew off. Strange!

Was out flying the outer day... down at the river. Wanted to capture some shots of geese as they flew up river. I went up, over the river and got a few nice shots. ( scene 1 & 2 ) Normally I was lower than the geese... BUT on the third shot, I was EXACTLY at the same altitude as they were! OH MY.... From what I see in this 3rd shot, they are not too scared of the MINI! LOL

Wow! The last shot was just great!!

Reactions: old man mavic
Very nice...I usually increase elevation around water because there are so many birds flying about. But it looks like those geese were flying high as well.

I’ve notice something similar with pidgins in London! Flights here are massively problematic due to DJI’s restrictive red/blue zones but I’ve managed to take flight twice and both times while hovering the Mini was circled by birds. They didn’t attack but did go around and around the Mini almost like they were trying to figure out what it was. The Mini wobbled a bit as they repeatedly circled but they then flew off. Strange!
YES wow. Winter is closing in, so may wait until spring, but will try for some nice video then also.

Reactions: MKurr
Nice capture. Well done. And yes a pucker moment.
I have had pigeons taking an interest in my drone but the worst are sea gulls. They can get quite aggressive. And if you run they follow. An old hack. Hover, go into sports mode and fly vertical. Straight up. No bird they know does that and the immediately lose interest. Only failed once when there were 100s of gulls. So I got my SLR out instead and walked.
Another hack. Was flying DLOS over a harbour but at 800m distance so could not actually see the MP2. No problem a couple of gulls showed me where she was. Called out loudly in case I missed it.
thanks again nice shots!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk