DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for accessories

Elton Hammonds

Reactions
I ordered my Mavic 2 Pro yesterday and am frantically looking for a few accessories.

Here's what's still on my wishlist:

1. Landing skids with flotation
2. ND filters
3. Lanyard for controller & Nexus 9 tablet

The skids with flotation is VERY important because I live in Florida on a lake.

The ND filters are obviously important because this is the sunshine state. They were shown on the DJI website, but unavailable right now.

I just ordered a Nexus 9 tablet for the controller because DJI tech support told me it is one of the recommended devices. (I'll attach the list to this post)

I hope the Nexus 9 will fit in the arms at the bottom of the controller, else I'm going to have to find someone to offer some sort of additional mounting contraption... (Any advice based upon anyone's experience would be appropriated...)

Also, given that this is my first drone, I plan to fly with my wife, so I ordered the drone bundled with their racing edition goggles for her to follow along as I'm focused on the flight controls.

Does anyone see any problems with this setup or the way I'm approaching this?

I'm a former Naval Flight Officer, but this is my first drone, so I'm a FNG again...LOL

20180824_115043.jpegScreenshot_20180824-115445_Gmail.jpeg

I ordered my Mavic 2 Pro yesterday and am frantically looking for a few accessories.

Here's what's still on my wishlist:

1. Landing skids with flotation
2. ND filters
3. Lanyard for controller & Nexus 9 tablet

The skids with flotation is VERY important because I live in Florida on a lake.

The ND filters are obviously important because this is the sunshine state. They were shown on the DJI website, but unavailable right now.

I just ordered a Nexus 9 tablet for the controller because DJI tech support told me it is one of the recommended devices. (I'll attach the list to this post)

I hope the Nexus 9 will fit in the arms at the bottom of the controller, else I'm going to have to find someone to offer some sort of additional mounting contraption... (Any advice based upon anyone's experience would be appropriated...)

Also, given that this is my first drone, I plan to fly with my wife, so I ordered the drone bundled with their racing edition goggles for her to follow along as I'm focused on the flight controls.

Does anyone see any problems with this setup or the way I'm approaching this?

I'm a former Naval Flight Officer, but this is my first drone, so I'm a FNG again...LOL

View attachment 44193View attachment 44194
That was obviously supposed to say appreciated, but I don't see an edit option...

"When you make typos, the errorist win!" LMFAO

Good news on the skids...

After leaving a message on FB, I got a reply and the skids with flotation are going to be offered!

This will be nice for those of us that want to keep the drone off the ground during launch and landing.

Not to mention, keep it from sinking of it does end up in the drink.

I live on and around lots of water, so I'm looking forward to trying my hand at water landings and takeoffs while filming.

Good news on the skids...

After leaving a message on FB, I got a reply and the skids with flotation are going to be offered!

This will be nice for those of us that want to keep the drone off the ground during launch and landing.

Not to mention, keep it from sinking of it does end up in the drink.

I live on and around lots of water, so I'm looking forward to trying my hand at water landings and takeoffs while filming.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
I am waiting for the first skins to be offered for the M2... that stock grey is just too... well "grey".
Someone gimme some high vis yellow or orange!

Who makes that fancy mount that goes on the controller so u can mount your tablet above the joysticks?? I saw it in a thread somewhere yesterday but can't remember where... I'd like to get that mount...

Who makes that fancy mount that goes on the controller so u can mount your tablet above the joysticks?? I saw it in a thread somewhere yesterday but can't remember where... I'd like to get that mount...

Mavmount

I have found that even with very short grass or slightly uneven ground the camera will not fully initialize. It gets hung up on the ground surface. Leg extensions will be a must!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palaiouras