DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for drone club near Brisbane

Hi guys, bit of an old thread I know but I only just got into piloting (had a drone for 3 days now). I'm really keen to meet other pilots and learn as much as I can while having fun. I'm north side, just north of Chermside but I have a car and am willing to travel anywhere in state to get my hours up. I only have the Mavic Mini right now and although I've only had it a few days I'm already saving for something bigger like the Air 2, Pro or even the Phantom. Are there any events or meets coming up I could come along to?

Hi Dampiir

There are a few FPV clubs in South East Queensland but nothing that I am aware of dedicated to camera drones. There are some facebook groups like Brisbane Drone Flyers that are certainly worth joining but as far as I can see they don't do organised meetups.

I'm in Logan and I meet up with other pilots from time to time to fly when I'm not flying commercially. There are a few South East Queensland locals who have their own channels and are regulars on the Live Stream circuit on YouTube such as myself (Remote Pilots Australia) Matt Northeast Drone productions who is out around Ipswich and Tim Jackson who is based up near Cooroy. It would be worth while checking them out and subscribing so you get notifications when they come on and you'll be made welcome in the chat and get introduced to the community.

Regards
Ari

Thanks Ari I've been scouring the interwebs and it seems that most clubs that have their own sites haven't been very active, I guess covid impacts meetups too.
Regardless I will be heading out regularly if anyone wants to join hit me up!

Thanks Ari I've been scouring the interwebs and it seems that most clubs that have their own sites haven't been very active, I guess covid impacts meetups too.
Regardless I will be heading out regularly if anyone wants to join hit me up!

I leave on the 10th up the east coast as far as Gladstone (lots of great flying opportunities :D ) and I'll be back on the 18th. I'll be open for some flying after a couple of days recovering from the holiday LOL

Yea COVID has put a dampener on a few of the planned events for this year.
I’d suggest finding a nice spot and just work at building skills and muscle memory.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan