DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for drone club near Brisbane

Maniquin

Reactions
Hi all i have just purchased my first drone a mavic pro and i am absolutely hooked on flying plus i really love photography.
Can anyone help point me in the direction of a good drone club in or near Brisbane please.
Cheers.

I have a couple of mates we generally fly religiously every couple of weeks with a BBQ etc. Shoot me a PM and we will go from there?

Hi all i have just purchased my first drone a mavic pro and i am absolutely hooked on flying plus i really love photography.
Can anyone help point me in the direction of a good drone club in or near Brisbane please.
Cheers.
Hi, I'm from Brisbane and new to this, what area are you from?.

There is a meetup at Beechmere Sports ground tomorrow (Sunday). On,y about an hour north of Brisbane. We are new so going along to learn a few things hopefully

Look up Brisbane Drone Flyers, I saw them at a Bunnings sausage sizzle stand a fair while back, they had a large screen playing some of their members video.
They do seem to be more FPV enthusiasts, but worth a look.
Think they had a faceache page too.

Personally I’ve never seen a club of sorts catering for what I (and many others) use DJI products for . . . the pure photo / video creativity.

It’s more likely you’d find this forum and other faceache type groups easier to organise outings with.

there are a few MAAA clubs around, but generally they frown on these craft we like to use to transport our cameras around

Come along to our Aviation Experience day on Saturday and meet some local flyers from different clubs.

Attachments

• 305E64BF-4715-4190-BA98-3E0458A62CCC.jpeg
    305E64BF-4715-4190-BA98-3E0458A62CCC.jpeg
    914.3 KB · Views: 9
there are a few MAAA clubs around, but generally they frown on these craft we like to use to transport our cameras around

Yes, sadly as an ex member and flight instructor at my local MAAA club this has been my experience as well. I am no longer a member due to my total lack of time for ego driven legends in their own mind and personality politics. R.P.A. had not arrived really at that time and I am really unsure why most MAAA clubs are so set against them.

I'm on the South side of Brisbane and would be happy for a social get together and fly with anyone between the Brisbane river and the Gold Coast. I've been an R/C flight instructor for 25 years and hold an RePL so happy to give a little training for new comers or some theory tips for those looking at doing a certification and always eager to learn from anyone who can teach an old dog new tricks (My photography is average at best).

P.M. me if interested

Regards
Ari

Will I see you on Saturday at my event Decado?

Will I see you on Saturday at my event Decado?

Hi Mate

I answered this one in another forum but you're been pretty busy getting around advertising it so you probably missed it :)

I would have been there with bells on if possible but I have an all day leg of my "Drone Remote Sensing and Mapping" course happening on the 16th out at Darra so I am afraid I can't. I do apologise as I would have liked to meet more of the local community. As lame as it sounds I hope there will be another event in the future I could be there for.

Regards
Ari

No worries. Thanks mate.
Yes trying to get as much air time as I can to promote this.
Success has been my biggest enemy. The day was originally planned to be a bit of an aviation day for local schools. However industry have jumped on this and being very supportive. Once some big players got on board, others also wanted a precence. In the end I had companies approaching us to be able to participate in the day. It is all great and we have some fantastic content for the day.
Now I’m super stressed about actually getting people to come and see it all. Minimum budget from boss to advertise is eaten up with local paper and the “what’s on in Brisbane” web site. So now it’s social media blitz and crossing all my fingers for visitors :)

Champion, thanks mate. It’s shaping up to be a great day. It’s times like this I need Facebook twitter etc.

Come along to our Aviation Experience day on Saturday and meet some local flyers from different clubs.

I’m coming along.
What’s the DJI drone landing comp about then ?
Will likely throw the Mavic in the vehicle and maybe have a fly somewhere before / after, not worth taking into the event, I take it ?

The landing comp is for the kids. It’s something D1 store are running and giving away on tellos
No flying for us big kids unfortunately, as I have 3 real helicopters on the field for the day. We are in the process of becoming MAAA registered field, so watch this space for some future UAV events :)

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Haha, I hear you. It’s the easiest way for us to have a CASA approved airfield that will get us around some of the new rules coming in

Hi guys, bit of an old thread I know but I only just got into piloting (had a drone for 3 days now). I'm really keen to meet other pilots and learn as much as I can while having fun. I'm north side, just north of Chermside but I have a car and am willing to travel anywhere in state to get my hours up. I only have the Mavic Mini right now and although I've only had it a few days I'm already saving for something bigger like the Air 2, Pro or even the Phantom. Are there any events or meets coming up I could come along to?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest