DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

looking for info on the DJI RC - and can't find

Whisky

Reactions
very frustrated newbie.....just bought a Navic 3 Classic and I'm "trying" to do an initial set-up of the system - finally found "how to charge the battery" and am doing that now - have charged the RC but I can't get to the next level with it.....tutorials say to "turn it on, then.." but when I press the power on button the only thing that happens is that the 4 power level indicator lites illuminate - nothing on the screen comes one

what am I not doing, or doing incorrectly so that I can proceed with the next step with the controller...............thank you, Bill

note : I sure miss the times when a good, complete Owner's Manual came with new purchases - instead of the laughable worthless destructions included with everything now-a-days - sigh

Reactions: djwak59 and a2tomm
wow - see, I am REALLY new with this system - I didn't know about the press and re-press to activate sequence - do now. I'm thinking I'll be posting questions (more than I care to, but.....) quite often
thank you for the VERY quick response - now I'll get on with the set-up
thanks again.....Bill

Reactions: Torque
note : I sure miss the times when a good, complete Owner's Manual came with new purchases - instead of the laughable worthless destructions included with everything now-a-days - sigh
For future reference, DJI drones do have pretty good manuals and the Mavic 3 Classic is certainly one of them at 94 pages. But you're right, they no longer come in the box, you just have to download them. You can click the link below and see the full Mavic 3 Classic manual in PDF form, you may want to download it to your computer. BTW, how to use the battery is page 45

MAVIC 3 CLASSIC Manual

thank you Ty Pilot, I "thought" I did a pretty good job of searching for info, but.....(I'm printing that Manual as I type this)

and Cafguy - thank you - just might take you up on that.....as an add : do I remember correctly that the Kern River is just East of Bakersfield ? I made a few camping trips, as a teen, to the River

Reactions: Ty Pilot
very frustrated newbie.....just bought a Navic 3 Classic and I'm "trying" to do an initial set-up of the system - finally found "how to charge the battery" and am doing that now - have charged the RC but I can't get to the next level with it.....tutorials say to "turn it on, then.." but when I press the power on button the only thing that happens is that the 4 power level indicator lites illuminate - nothing on the screen comes one

what am I not doing, or doing incorrectly so that I can proceed with the next step with the controller...............thank you, Bill

Think Youtube my new friend ,but simply put 1 press is checking battery 2 presses holding second one down will get you there and will be the same for the drone

Reactions: Anthony Ivory
I even find myself pressing the power button on my iPhone twice now. :cool:

Reactions: careless
Hi Whiskey and welcome.
You say you’re a “newbie” we all were at one time. But I’m curious, are you “new” to DJI, or are you “new” to drones ??

PLEASE go to YOUTUBE there are many great videos with step by step instructions that are easy to follow.
Learning to fly a drone is more about hands on flying and watching good instructors. The documentation is weak on all drones and is translated by those who are not native English speakers.

Not sure the Instructions Manual doesn’t say that!

Page 10 for the RC Controller:
6. Power Button
Press once to check the current battery level.
Press, and then press and hold to power the
remote controller on or off. When the remote
controller is powered on, press once to turn the
touchscreen on or off

Page 11 for the RC-N1 Controller:
1. Power Button
Press once to check the current battery level.
Press, and then press and hold to power the
remote controller on or off.

YouTube is also very helpful with the control settings and camera settings.
Couldn't agree more.
Don't feel bad, Whiskey. The old double clicka clicka will always be there to have you wondering "What the....!"

Hi Whiskey and welcome.
You say you’re a “newbie” we all were at one time. But I’m curious, are you “new” to DJI, or are you “new” to drones ??
we've been flying my Wife's Autel EVO but we're both, basically, newbies

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead