DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for Pro Tips: best case for iPad mini 4

Randy_Culp

Reactions
What case are you using with your iPad mini 4?

Got an iPad mini 4 specifically to run my Mavic Pro and noted that it *just barely* fits into the controller with a little bit of a squeeze. So it’s certainly not fitting in like my iPhone 6 Plus did, with its (relatively thin) case. I seems insane to run around in the field with an iPad no case, so I’m guessing people have found a decent case that you can get the tablet in an out of with relative ease.

Am I right? What case would that be?

Reactions: Randy_Culp
Not a case. A sock. I have a Zagg screen protector put on my mini they gave me a tablet sock.

Not a case. A sock. I have a Zagg screen protector put on my mini they gave me a tablet sock.

I do not use a case for my iPad Mini4 - this is one of my setups... see attached pics. I am very happy with the mini4 used like this. There are of course many ways to get it done.

Mavic_mini4_1.jpg Mavic_mini4_2.jpg Mavic_mini4_3.jpg

Sorry Fellas (and Atlas), thought I was posting to the main thread!

I don't use a case and haven't modify the jaws, since I want to use my iPhone once in a while. and I don't like the idea of covering up the RC screen with the iPad. I am just careful with the setup, don't plan to drop it in the mud, and my wife thinks I am insane, so there you go.
Za3Qi4vzQLem%uisLAvvzA_thumb_1216.jpg

I too bought an ipad mini for my MP. I also bought this (lol, cheap, not my usual otterbox stuff I buy for phones) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017VYC4M4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and I also bought this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7RFDBA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This has worked out WAY BETTER for "me". Good luck!

I went with a Ballistic case (need a stand as part of the case for other applications) and your recommendation on the mounting bracket. Works very nicely, thanks for the advice! I will feel a ton better about running around in various terrain with the tablet in a case.

It takes some modifying, however, once you locate a sufficiently steady surface on your body, the Poetic case will influence the iPad to remain there.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito