DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking for TBE Recovery Procedures

MGrosvold

Reactions
Reading posts in this forum, it makes one feel that experiencing a TBE failure is just a matter of time. It's beginning to sound like there are 2 types of Mavic pilots; those that have experienced TBE and those who will.

I've flown through 2 cycles with my 3 batteries and so far so very good. I would like to be prepared to deal with the situation if it happens rather than try to figure out what to do in the heat of the moment.

So, my questions are: Are there any "bold face" procedures one should follow to regain control of their aircraft and get her home or is it just a matter of fighting the controls and hoping for the best? Also, I don't think I've ever seen anything about using the "Flight Pause" button. Will it work to give a guy time to re-group and breathe or is it non-operational in a TBE condition?? In the event of a successful recovery, what actions are recommended before attempting another flight?

Also, most are citing faulty compass calibration as being the culprit for this failure. The failures aren't happening during 1st flight after cal so what is causing the compass calibrations to go bad after multiple successful flights?

Thanks for any input you may have.

Reactions: bruceC and erkme73
I've had two so far, and I could fly out of both without any issue. The problem is when it's happening and you don't have eyes on the bird. The circle it makes gets progressively bigger, and the rate at which it travels around that spiral gets faster. If you're up high, there isn't any immediate risk to the MP. But if your altitude is low enough that a widening unintended circular path will impact items, well...

Knowing that it could happen is 90% of the work. The remaining 10% is being prepared to move the MP out of harms way - which is really just giving it a direction and a steady rate of travel. The TBE happens when hovering or moving at a very slow rate of speed. At least it's been that way for me. Can't answer the rest of your questions.

The remaining 10% is being prepared to move the MP out of harms way - which is really just giving it a direction and a steady rate of travel. .
That's reassuring and encouraging to know. Thanks. I've been envisioning a difficult to control bordering on uncontrollable situation. By your description, as long as you can see or figure out where she has to go, she'll respond predictably to your inputs and go where you want her to go.

That's encouraging to know. Thanks. I've been envisioning a difficult to control bordering on uncontrollable situation. By your description, as long as you can see or figure out where she has to go, she'll respond predictably to your inputs and go where you want her to go.

That's been my experience, yes... but it's a very small sample. If there are challenging recoveries, hopefully someone else can supply more details.

Reactions: OldGreg
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu