DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Looking Glass Rock, Moab, a Mind Boggling Hollow Slick Rock Dome, Climb & Rappel!

Karlewski

Reactions
I have moved closer to the desert, Grand Junction, Colorado, so I've been crazy busy with the move and not too active here but, things are settling down and, I thought this Drone heavy Adventure would be enjoyed here! We did a couple slot canyons and a STEEP Mesa climb as well. Found some Base Jumpers on the Mesa as well! Video coming!

I have moved closer to the desert, Grand Junction, Colorado, so I've been crazy busy with the move and not too active here but, things are settling down and, I thought this Drone heavy Adventure would be enjoyed here! We did a couple slot canyons and a STEEP Mesa climb as well. Found some Base Jumpers on the Mesa as well! Video coming!
Hi Karl,
Holy smoke what a fantastic rock formation and absolutely stunning surroundings! Again I had goosebumps from time to time and I take my hat off to the performance that you two have done!
What do you actually with the rope, which is attached to the top of the rock? Do you leave it hanging, or do you have a trick to get the rope down? It must be an uplifting feeling when you hang so free floating on a rope...Almost like flying! I liked the video very much, like all your video very well and as always I am looking forward to the next video!
I wish you and your friend continued exciting adventure, and take good care of you!
See you soon and best regards
Your friend Paul

Translated with DeepL

Great vid of great views. Selfie stick in the middle of a free-hanging rappel, WOW.

Welcome back Karl!!! I really missed seeing your films and happy to see this amazing one! I am always in total AWE!

Dale
Miami

excellent job with professional level production. I was very impressed

I spent about 40 years in construction, both commercial and residential so I spent lots of time dealing with heights and drops. But those were only in the 20-50 feet range. I never rock climbed because I didn't have the I'm-nearly-crazy-gene. Well, I had a version of that gene because I have 2 ex-wives and 1 current one. Slow learner

Reactions: russpury
Awesome, thanks guys! Great just to have a moment toc atch up and relax, moving SUCKS, renting my old house. . OMG! The. work on a 12 acre ranch is a plenty as well. . .
I don't have much of a crazy gene anymore, at lease much less as I move into my 50's , just decades of experience. I too worked construction for years and I'd say any fall over 25 feet, especially over concrete, could be fatal. Strange how really huge exposure just feels so much more threatening???
We retrieve the rope(s) by running them through a metal ring anchored to the rock with extension bolts and having both ends touching the ground. Then after the rappel we just pull one side, with 2 ropes knotted obviously we pull the side the knot is on since it cant pass through the meal ring.
Feels great to be back! Spencer and I did several wild adventures this trip out to Moab. The next one is premiering this weekend, way less drone footage since we were in Arches National Park but, WOW is the park cool, especially the DEEP DARK ISOLATED Slot Canyon we visited. Hope you guys can join me, really has "us going for it" a bit more personal than my more usual documentary style. It got interesting. . .

moving SUCKS, renting my old house. . OMG! The. work on a 12 acre ranch is a plenty as well. . .

Ha ha, maybe why we are still in the same place we built nearly 40 years ago !!

The new property sounds epic in its own right, please do a video sometime taking us around !

I too worked construction for years and I'd say any fall over 25 feet, especially over concrete, could be fatal. Strange how really huge exposure just feels so much more threatening???

Plenty of people have fallen and died from falls from 4' step ladders, and certainly normal extension ladders are common for getting onto rooves etc.

Yes, it's like walking on a 6" x 2" plank on the ground, not too many problems.
Put it 20' in the air and see how unbalanced people become.
Phycology.

Feels great to be back! Spencer and I did several wild adventures this trip out to Moab. The next one is premiering this weekend, way less drone footage since we were in Arches National Park but, WOW is the park cool, especially the DEEP DARK ISOLATED Slot Canyon we visited. Hope you guys can join me, really has "us going for it" a bit more personal than my more usual documentary style. It got interesting. . .

Got to say, the effort to do the activities AND the camera work is amazing to see, (and I know it's a lot to do to make the adventure flow).
Thanks for going to the effort, the video library of these places is going to like a how to for many in coming decades and beyond.

Always a pleasure with you guys, I am very excited to have the library for my daughter and hopefully someday grandchildren as well as just a reminder for myself.
My little rant. . . I have developed a pattern now on creating a video in the field, Start chat, Key milestones, Closing, simple. The real growth through all of this had been in the edit, short exciting clips, Plenty of B-roll to hold interest, embellish the story and also to break up my selfie chats. I ALWAYs make a few mistakes while talking to the camera but I can cover it with b-roll and even rearrange some audio to have it come out intelligible. I already knew how to manage in wild places, the talent of the shoot and edit have been a new and rewarding area of growth for me. Thanks for your encouragement!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada