DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looking to buy my first mavic and require a little help

halSeldon

Reactions
Hey there,
I am looking at getting my first mavic, either the Air 2S or the Mavic 3. I need it for video, which will mainly be used online for websites. I read a thread back from 2021 that seemed the community was divided on whether there was much advantage of the M3. I was wondering how people felt about it now and what people think is the best for my use case.

Also is there much difference between the controllers? Because I can get an Air 2S with the RC pro controller for nearly the same price as a Mavic 3 with a RC-N1 controller.

Reactions: borzoiboy
If cost is not in the equation, the Mavic 3 with pro controller is by far the better package and I’m very impressed with it. But if you want to take $ into account, the the air 2s is a capable drone and you would not be disappointed with that platform

If cost is not in the equation, the Mavic 3 with pro controller is by far the better package and I’m very impressed with it. But if you want to take $ into account, the the air 2s is a capable drone and you would not be disappointed with that platform
Thanks for your input. It's looking like A2S + RC Pro or M3 + RC-N1.

Maybe go the 2s with pro controller. It is fantastic, and at least you would have it if ever you wanted to upgrade to Mavic 3

I second this, went with an Air 2S personally, but if there was no budget constraints, would definitely go with the M3.

I like my mavic 3 because of the 7x optical zoom, and long flight time, around 30 minutes in reality. No problems with it yet.

Reactions: Darth SHO
This isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I have the Pro controllers and I use them sometimes. The original Smart Controller has a much brighter screen than phones but the RC Pro does not. If it's between the Air 2S with the Pro Remote vs the M3 with the regular remote, go with the M3. The camera is way better.
However, the Air 2S has a GREAT camera and will probably be more than adequate for your needs. All my DJI drones have excellent cameras. When posting video to the web, you are not going to see much difference in quality.

I have an air 1 got it the first week they came out, I just bought a m3pro
on my youtube video's I can barley tell the difference in quality

Thanks for your input. It's looking like A2S + RC Pro or M3 + RC-N1.
If portability and convenience aren't significant concerns, I would definitely go with the Mavic 3, paired with a decent table and the RC-N1.

The 7X camera is a very effective tool. Some will point out that the resolution is lower than the primary camera on other drones, but it's far more than adequate for web content.

If you needs suggest that portability and convenience are important, then I'd go with the Mini 3 Pro and Smart Controller. I'm finding that it's very nice to have everything in a single, small case and have only two components to fuss with. The time from case to flight is very quick.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan