DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Looks interesting

I've read that these are available from DJI only in China, but a seller on AliExpress does have them. I don't know if they are illegal, per se, in the US, UK, or Canada, but of course the BVLOS that they enable is still illegal.

I apologize for my lack of knowledge on these devices. What are they? 🧐
🇨🇦👍
it gives the drone 4g cellular so you can basically fly as far as you want until the battery dies. or fly around a city behind building and such where signal to remote would be lost

No, it does not work anywhere but China. You CAN get a data dongle for the controller for use instead of wifi or a hot spot, but you need a data plan for it.

"Looks interesting"......why? What does it wieigh?
The fact that DJI are actually making 4G available to a mini quad is interesting. I really do not care how much it weighs.
No, it does not work anywhere but China. You CAN get a data dongle for the controller for use instead of wifi or a hot spot, but you need a data plan for it.
Since we all don't live in North America perhaps our Chinese members would be happy to hear about this addition. Again I really don't care as I don't live in China or own a mini 3 pro.
Just relaying a product that is coming to market.

Hopefully available in US eventually. I just want to fly behind trees without losing signal. BVLOS not something I do, illegal anyways. Don't know what models this tech would even work with in the future.

Hopefully available in US eventually. I just want to fly behind trees without losing signal. BVLOS not something I do, illegal anyways. Don't know what models this tech would even work with in the future.
Well any company that ventures into this 4G stuff is just trying to keep up with Parrot. Their $4000 dollar drone has been out for some time now and from the videos out there works pretty sweet. To bad the support at Parrot sucks. Not going to drop 4 grand with very limited support.

I inadvertently lost VLOS, flew behind trees, didn't lose signal and crashed into those very same trees. Just sayin'

wwwaaaa that is amazing!, I live in Shanghai and I have seen a guy during April's lockdown flying his Mavic 3 all over the city from his home, as far as the battery allows, around 12km far, it's going to be amazing if the Mini 3 can do that.
However, it will need the modem and the adapter, that adds some weight, I wonder how much weight Mini 3 can add without impacting the flight characteristics.
But I still don't know if you need the DJI RC for that, or the RC-N1 is good too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman