DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loose leg on Mavic 2 Pro HELP

nickando126

Reactions
I have had my Mavic 2 pro for a couple months now with hours of flight. It was recently hit by a soccer ball mid take off while still on the ground and the front arm was folder back and propellers stopped automatically. Upon my inspection, I could not see anything wrong but I did not trust my observations so I took it into a DJI service centre to see what they say, they said it was fine. However, there is a larger gap on the back right leg than the left between the body and the right-back arm has much more leeway than the left and feels looser. I have flown it to test and all looks well still flys smoothly and when looking at eye level the craft does not seem to be wonky in anyway. I just want some second opinions on this to see if I need to do anything. a vid and pics are attached.IMG_7282.JPGIMG_0848.JPG
IMG_6185.JPG

it is the actual connection of the arm to the drone, we seem to have slightly different issues. If I glue it will not allow the drone to fold back.

it is the actual connection of the arm to the drone, we seem to have slightly different issues. If I glue it will not allow the drone to fold back.
Ah ok. So the other option is never close it agian. And to be honest, I never do. I bought a pelican hardig case and custom cut the fit for it

I have had my Mavic 2 pro for a couple months now with hours of flight. It was recently hit by a soccer ball mid take off while still on the ground and the front arm was folder back and propellers stopped automatically. Upon my inspection, I could not see anything wrong but I did not trust my observations so I took it into a DJI service centre to see what they say, they said it was fine. However, there is a larger gap on the back right leg than the left between the body and the right-back arm has much more leeway than the left and feels looser. I have flown it to test and all looks well still flys smoothly and when looking at eye level the craft does not seem to be wonky in anyway. I just want some second opinions on this to see if I need to do anything. a vid and pics are attached.View attachment 113745View attachment 113747View attachment 113746
The aircraft/frame is obviously compromised at this point. I would ground it and not fly until it can be examined more closely to see what the extent of the damage actually is. I most certainly would question a Repair Centers response. Did they just do a range of motion test and a outside inspection of the aircraft only? Or did they actually tear down the shell and look more closely at the legs assemblies and the internal structural Integrity and/or mounting systems?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that it has been stressed and is damaged, but at what level would be the question. It certainly shows what would appear to be high stress to that joint section and given the gap and now "Slop" it must be compromised in some way. If you are not able to do a inspection yourself (Plenty of YouTube videos) I would ask DJI direct their analysis by forwarding them photos and video links.

Given the braking and acceleration of the aircraft and forces at such a point seems it's only going to get worse and failure sure seems imminent. IMHO I wouldn't fly it, it looks to have frame damage or arm at minimum, the below video may help with a check to see if perhaps it may need reseated, which would be the ultimate outcome, or with examination or replacement if possible (No Frame Damage). Best of luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: TreeHugger
Well, they never took it apart I remember, I never thought that would be needed, thanks for the info:). My only issue is I'm going to a really nice place tomorrow for a couple of days and I really want to fly and get some great footage. I just don't know what to do at this point because I don't have enough time and can't get to a repair spot and if I send in the mail it won't come back in time. I'm in a bit of a sticky situation.

So I took some grips, held it togethor and glued it back into place. Works fine
I had the same issue as you, even a tad more separation. (Back arm)
I clamped the front leg to a table, used a heavy application of Gorilla superglue, and hung some weight off the other arm.
This allowed it to compress back together tight.
Let it dry overnight and all is good@

The leg to body separation remains troublesome. One of the retaining pin slots may be broken or otherwise compromised
To be clear - this (from above picture) is what you are referring to, correct?

Capture.PNG

If so, I concur - having done a handful of these repairs.
There is a single screw which holds the arm on to the bracket. Afraid when its apart you will find the "key" or retaining piece is broken.

Last edited:
Reactions: sharkface
The Mavic's design for the 2 pro is super - as there are three parts that will sacrifice themselves before you actually crack the bottom "body".
The leg itself, shown here - the "Key" circled in red.

Arm.jpg

And then the part which actually allows for the rotation. This is what the leg pushes on to, secures with the single screw. Note the piece broken off - that's where that single screw goes.
I speculate that that the subject aircraft has that "ring" partially separated. Ready to come the rest of the way off.

Broke - Good.jpg

Finally the bracket which that screws in to, which in turn screws into the bottom "body", shown here assembled, ready to install.

Assy.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000