DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loosing WIFI connection when connecting mobile to controller

mavsik

Reactions
I have tried connecting my mobile to the Mavic controller but each time I do, I lose internet access.

Internet works on all other devices except for the mobile connected to the controller.

I am able to connect the mobile to the controller but I lose my wifi connection which I need to do the updates.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

The Mavic remote is known to kill 2.4 GHZ Wifi connections. There are three options for doing your updates:
1. Go next to your Wifi router with your mobile and remote.
2. Connect your mobile by a long USB cable to the rear port of the remote and keep maximum distance between devices.
3. If supported by your router, setup a 5.8 GHz Wifi network and connect to that one.

The Mavic remote is known to kill 2.4 GHZ Wifi connections. There are three options for doing your updates...

Great information. Same situation but no fix as I can see, only a wasted $1400. Older router system in So. America. Attempted several options for variations, direct connect etc, no go and no assistance from company. Perhaps if manually launch from 15,000 perhaps will fly on its own with a short vid LOL.

It also helps tremendously to move the RC w/phone away from the Mavic - while moving the RC/phone closer to your router.

Last edited:
No luck...will attempt in a couple of towns different options and hopefully locate a newer advance router setup. No luck, will send it back to the states. Unreal how DJI makes complicated if not located in a technically advanced location. ;~ ))

Have a Merry Christmas!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143