DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Los Angeles to Nashville via I-40 - Where to stop and fly?

CadrePilot

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I had previously posted about my upcoming trip from California (SFO) to Nashville. Now I plan to stop in LA for a couple of days, so my primary route will be eastbound on I-40.

Please share any ideas you have for me to fly my drone and capture cool photos along the way.

Reactions: DougMcC
Here are a few places of note for photography and perhaps video.
The Route 66 Wigwam Motel in San Bernardino and a similar place in AZ. Both are on Route 66 which is the true original road pre I 40. Williams Az itself seems to be a Route 66 historic town. Near Williams is an aviation museum with a good outdoor collection of aircraft worthy of a flyover. Just west of Amarillo Texas is Cadillac ranch which has about 12 Cadillacs at least “planted” at 45 degrees. It’s off Route 66 and free access. All the cars have been painted with psychedelic spray paint.
Aliong Route 66 proper there were remarkable roadside diners and shops where you can see rattlesnakes and Dinosaur “eggs”
Of course you pass near to Grand Canyon but north of I 40 and east on the National park there are roads in the Navaho area with gorgeous red rock scenery.
That’s my 5 AM memory list and I am sure others will add to this. I 40 parallels the historic Route 66 where all the towns and funk are located. I hope you are doing this in a corvette convertible.
Remember, Route 66’s terminal point is or was in Santa Monica on Ocean Blvd and Wiltshire Blvd overlooking the ocean at a statue of Saint Monica.

Let's not forget the AZ NM border there's a gift shop that has the cliffs above it with animals and such. The Wigwam hotel in AZ is in Holbrook, stayed there once. Not bad.

Reactions: CadrePilot
Let's not forget the AZ NM border there's a gift shop that has the cliffs above it with animals and such. The Wigwam hotel in AZ is in Holbrook, stayed there once. Not bad.
This one?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: RickSilva
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members