DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

losing signal 200ft out

Irish-apple

Reactions
yes another post by me if I do not ask I wont find out !

anyhow noticed lately at 200ft away and still in line of sight my iPad shows signal lost / trying to establish network connection to controller / mavic I can see the drone and this happened now on 3 occasions

there is nothing between me and the drone building wise etc high electric lines etc etc

-- little worrying as I see all these people going thousands of feet out and not a bother .. { its on the internet it must be true. } lol anyhow I always calibrate compass / recenter gimbal / imu etc etc .. sorry im a bit of a night mare to fly with as I like to stick to a rota as I cover everything for safety before a flight etc

-- only today I set my max height to 100 meters and put it up and took a photo and back down -

up to date on mavic and controller

{{{ not on the dji go 4 app as I havent had any issues since the version im at is nice and stable last few months }}} so any help to try check /

thanks guys n girls

Reactions: FL1H1

anyhow noticed lately at 200ft away and still in line of sight my iPad shows signal lost / trying to establish network connection to controller / mavic I can see the drone and this happened now on 3 occasions

there is nothing between me and the drone building wise etc high electric lines etc etc

-- little worrying as I see all these people going thousands of feet out and not a bother .. { its on the internet it must be true. } lol anyhow I always calibrate compass / recenter gimbal / imu etc etc .. sorry im a bit of a night mare to fly with as I like to stick to a rota as I cover everything for safety before a flight etc

-- only today I set my max height to 100 meters and put it up and took a photo and back down -

{{{ not on the dji go 4 app as I havent had any issues since the version im at is nice and stable last few months }}} so any help to try check /

thanks guys n girls
It almost sounds like you are connected to Drone via WiFi and via the controller.
Try just flying the drone, Los, with the controller only, no phone or screen device (Go4) attached to RC.
Make sure the switch on side of drone(beside SD card) is switched to RC and not wifi)

It almost sounds like you are connected to Drone via WiFi and via the controller.
Try just flying the drone, Los, with the controller only, no phone or screen device (Go4) attached to RC.
Make sure the switch on side of drone(beside SD card) is switched to RC and not wifi)
checked that but thanks im in RC mode {{ didnt know you could fly even without the app etc just the controller and drone }}

checked that but thanks im in RC mode {{ didnt know you could fly even without the app etc just the controller and drone }}
Sure can and is a good way to learn to fly your Mavic for times when you loose video connection or even full app drop out. As even with full app crash you are still connected and in full control of your Mavic via the RC. The phone is only a video screen and extra way of adjusting parameters of your Mavic but is not essential.

Reactions: Irish-apple
Sure can and is a good way to learn to fly your Mavic for times when you loose video connection or even full app drop out. As even with full app crash you are still connected and in full control of your Mavic via the RC. The phone is only a video screen and extra way of adjusting parameters of your Mavic but is not essential.
EXCELLENT THANKS

Are you launching near a cell, electric or radio tower?
As a noob myself, I find this question interesting because the big area for me to fly is a flood plain. Consequently, it has a river on which one can find marinas, boats, quite a few caravan parks, lakes, and lots of green land not farmed or built on but of course, this means electricity pilons are there too now I can fly well clear of them but how clear? 150ft? I'm not too sure at what distance they can interfere

thanks guys n girls
As a complete noob myself I read posts like this myself because it's a problem I myself might yet encounter and it's nice for me to think, oh good, glad I'm not the only one scratching my head.

How are your aerials positioned with respect to the drone. The strongest signals are orthogonal to the sticks. If you point the aerials towards the drone you will get a minimal signal. The radiation pattern is like a doughnut slipped over the aerial.

How are your aerials positioned with respect to the drone. The strongest signals are orthogonal to the sticks. If you point the aerials towards the drone you will get a minimal signal. The radiation pattern is like a doughnut slipped over the aerial.

cheers always standing up as in if rc was left on table they be 90+to the rc

Are you switching the Ipad to airplane mode?
Are you turning off all unnecessary apps on the ipad before flight?
When was the last time you did a hard reboot on the ipad?
Is the Ipad on the latest IOS?
Are you on the latest firmware?
Maybe you need to update either the app or the ipad so they are on the same page.
If you update one thing, you should update everything

yes on airplane but not needed as is a cellular iPad also but no sim installed

always close off back ground apps iPad is for flight s nothing else

always turn off when not In use

yes latest firmware on iPad / mavic . rc { not the dji app as it never gave issues before } I know its not a software issue that way

but thank you

You did not say... but if it is an air are the legs folded down? I am sure you would not have missed that so a long shot. On other RC equipment there is usually a low-power switch, which allows you to trouble shoot radio problems at close range. Don't think there is anything like that on the DJI controllers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earthflute