DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Losing video feed on iPhone

mcvaughan

Reactions
I've had my Mavic for less than a week now, and I've started seeing the video feed on my iPhone go out almost regularly. If I disconnect and re-connect the Lightning connector it will come back, but sometimes goes out again after a few minutes.

Any thoughts?

I've had my Mavic for less than a week now, and I've started seeing the video feed on my iPhone go out almost regularly. If I disconnect and re-connect the Lightning connector it will come back, but sometimes goes out again after a few minutes.

Any thoughts?
Do you have any power saving functions on your phone? Do you put it in airplane mode so you do not get texts or calls? Are you loosing just the video or is the app crashing? If it is just video you may have too many things going on in the background.
Regards,
-d.

Do you have any power saving functions on your phone? Do you put it in airplane mode so you do not get texts or calls?
Regards,
-d.

I'm sure there are power saving features turned on by default; I have not changed anything on my phone. No, I have not tried airplane mode, so I will try that.

I'm sure there are power saving features turned on by default; I have not changed anything on my phone. No, I have not tried airplane mode, so I will try that.
I turn off WiFi and Bluetooth when flying.
Regards,
-d

Reactions: mcvaughan
when you see this on you Iphone6+ you did forget to put your Iphone in aircraftmode first !!! screen 1.jpg screen 1.jpg

iphone.png

Any thoughts?
Hello there, i have just upgaded from the P3P 3 days ago and had the same problem (lost video transmission) i pulled the lead out and reinserted it but a couple of minutes later the same happened restarted the app, same happened but what i find works is using the iphone charger lead in the usb port on the bottom of the controller. made two flights about half an hour ago flew 3/4 mile away and no loss of signal.

However will try the airplane mode tomorrow and see how it pans out.

Reactions: Budmancan
I get the same problem. If I put it on airplane mode and I am on a boat and want to rth to the controller I think it will not come back. That's my only worry.

In august I am on my boat in Barcelona and will try out the possibilities while sailing...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder