DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

loss of horizon lock on Mavic 3 pro

Mazdaman323lx

Reactions
Took my Mavic 3 pro out today to capture some shipping activity but noticed it was having difficulty maintaining the horizon aspect - ie the horizon was slanted . It concerned me so much I brought the drone home and restarted both the controller and the drone but the same thing happened during the next flight . I include a photo taken while in a hover . I inspected the camera after the flight and could see no visible damage or strain on the mounts .Any ideas on whats going on and how to resolve . Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DJI_20240419145602_0128_D.JPG
    DJI_20240419145602_0128_D.JPG
    8.7 MB · Views: 35
Took my Mavic 3 pro out today to capture some shipping activity but noticed it was having difficulty maintaining the horizon aspect - ie the horizon was slanted . It concerned me so much I brought the drone home and restarted both the controller and the drone but the same thing happened during the next flight . I include a photo taken while in a hover . I inspected the camera after the flight and could see no visible damage or strain on the mounts .Any ideas on whats going on and how to resolve . Thanks in advance
Always start your trouble shooting on the table. Just see if the Horizon is level of the edge of the table , than check to see if the Auto Zoom is working properly also. This looks like you were flying when you took the picture and not in a hover position where it would be more stable.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Land on the Water.

this is just a wild guess. You are in FPV mode. You are flying with a sidewind strong enough to tilt the drone towards the wind while hovering. I could be wrong.

I had a similar issue a few months ago while in “Sport” mode. I don’t remember what resolved it but I believe I recalibrated the gimbal or either after the next update the problem went away.

I had a similar issue a few months ago while in “Sport” mode. I don’t remember what resolved it but I believe I recalibrated the gimbal or either after the next update the problem went away.
Might be the same, as I was switching between shooting locations in sport mode.
I'll do a gimbal recal as you suggested

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt