DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Avata

wickett

Reactions
Hi
During the last flight with my Avata I discovered a couple naked in the long grass.
I became disoriented while trying to avoid them and not to invade their privacy and I flew off course.

Then I lost my signal with the avata and she instigated a return to home and crashed into a tall tree.
I have searched but I cannot see her due to the dense foliage,

The find my drone function in the fly app gave completely wrong co-ordinates
Also the flight path in the Fly app map is different to the one in the Airdata map
The Airdata map shows that the drone moved several meters further after the end point shown in the fly map
This corresponds the the goggles 2 footage.

I have flown DJIdrones for the last 3 years and would be very sad to not be able to find my Avata (Avaline)
Any Help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Attachments

• Avata Airdata copy.jpeg
    Avata Airdata copy.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Avata Fly App.jpeg
    Avata Fly App.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 46
  • avata final.jpg
    avata final.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 45
For Avata settings, unless I'm in the wide open, I try to use the Hover option when signal is lost. This gives me time to get my head on and figure out what I am going to do. Should the battery run low enough, I think it will trigger a return to home at that point.

The Avata is a pretty small drone, it could be hiding anywhere. Bright yellow bumpers aid with seeing it not only when flying but also if it crashes.

Yes, I think so, too. The foliage is very dense. I’m going to take a camera with a telephoto lens. I’m going to maybe I’ll get a better view that way Maybe I’ll get a better view of it that way?

For Avata settings, unless I'm in the wide open, I try to use the Hover option when signal is lost. This gives me time to get my head on and figure out what I am going to do. Should the battery run low enough, I think it will trigger a return to home at that point.

The Avata is a pretty small drone, it could be hiding anywhere. Bright yellow bumpers aid with seeing it not only when flying but also if it crashes.
Thanks, that’s great information. I’ll keep it in mind if I ever get it back. I did have it read the office and AirTag holder. But I took them off due to their weight. I do have a drone buzzer on it which has helped in the past. I could kick myself for forgetting to switch it on this time.

Reactions: mavic3usa
Hi
During the last flight with my Avata I discovered a couple naked in the long grass.
I became disoriented while trying to avoid them and not to invade their privacy and I flew off course.

Then I lost my signal with the avata and she instigated a return to home and crashed into a tall tree.
I have searched but I cannot see her due to the dense foliage,

The find my drone function in the fly app gave completely wrong co-ordinates
Also the flight path in the Fly app map is different to the one in the Airdata map
The Airdata map shows that the drone moved several meters further after the end point shown in the fly map
This corresponds the the goggles 2 footage.

I have flown DJIdrones for the last 3 years and would be very sad to not be able to find my Avata (Avaline)
Any Help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
why not sound the esc's in settings they're loud

mine also carries an air tag, but use find my drone in fly app or sound esc's, watch last video footage to see where it landed, looks like it could be the tree

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas