A couple weeks ago I was flying at night and lost connection with my mavic air 2 drone. Of course it was over a lake, when the connection was lost and now believe it to be at the bottom of the lake. I put in a claim with DJI and seems like I am getting the typical ******** runaround I read about on the forums with flyaways and other issues. I now have more time wrapped up into this matter than the total worth of the drone, so I am done dealing with them and will look for a different manufacturer to purchase from. Below is the information that I have on this matter. If anyone had the same issue and was able to get a resolve with DJI, please feel free to respond. Thanks for the help and Enjoy the day!
- The flight time DJI is referencing is 3:35
- I lost connection with the drone at 3:19 (based on the DJI app that shows the flight pattern; wherein it flashes in red "lost connection" at 3:19)
- The video I have on my phone through the app only goes to 3:19 when it lost connection and the image on the video just shows it in the air (it does not show it dropping towards the water)
- DJI sent me an image showing that my control sticks were in a position that would have sent the drone, with max force, both forward and downward. The image is very cool where it shows the position of the sticks and other flight data. I asked them if I could get the images like they sent me for my entire flight so I could get a better understanding of how I caused this issue and they advised the image is from their analytic team and only they have access to that data.
- DJI said that the image they sent me is from 3:35 of the flight when the drone was sent into the lake
- It is my belief that I lost connection with the drone at 3:19 of the flight, I most likely hit buttons and very possibly moved the control sticks to see if there would be any response, and it was between 3:19 and 3:35 that the drone went into the lake (during the time the app was saying I was not connected.