DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost connection, not far away (Mavic Air 2).

Ben_McPhee

Reactions
I nearly lost my drone today. Standing on a beach in a pretty remote town, I lost connection twice. First it said weak signal, and I quickly turned around. I didn't notice how far I was from the home point but it wouldn't have been much more than 500m.

The 2nd time, minutes later, I got a weak signal at the other end of the beach, and before I could pilot it back, the screen went black, before RTH failsafe kicked in.

Not long into the return journey I got the signal back, and could see that the drone was still filming, but it was headed for a tree, even though I am pretty sure my RTH height was something like 100m. The sensors kicked in and lifted it to safety, but it still scared the crap out of me.

Doesn't this thing have a 10km range? Both times, it was 500ish meters away.

The only thing I can think is that a warning came upon takeoff to let me know that there was an airport nearby. (But not within 5km. It let me take off). Would that have caused a weak signal?

Beginning to wonder if I have a bad unit. I already had to swap out one battery which was DOA. A 2nd battery doesn't seem to last long enough. (Feels like half of the others).

But now, these signal drops have me worried. Or am I doing something wrong?

Luis probably mentioned about this above: How much electronics are you wearing on you (or near)? All electronics with radios - your phone, smart watch, Bluetooth devices, etc. - can cause issues. Also large metal objects - a car, etc., naturally too.

Of course it’s somewhat impossible to eliminate all electronics, since the MA2 controller requires a mobile device..

[QUOTE = "WinterFly, publicación: 1089505, miembro: 134007"]
Luis probablemente mencionó esto anteriormente: ¿Cuántos dispositivos electrónicos llevas contigo (o cerca)? Todos los dispositivos electrónicos con radios (su teléfono, reloj inteligente, dispositivos Bluetooth, etc.) pueden causar problemas. También grandes objetos metálicos: un automóvil, etc., naturalmente también.

Por supuesto, es algo imposible eliminar toda la electrónica, ya que el controlador MA2 requiere un dispositivo móvil.
[/CITAR]
miI completely agree with you, you're absolutely right to say hello ?

I nearly lost my drone today. Standing on a beach in a pretty remote town, I lost connection twice. First it said weak signal, and I quickly turned around. I didn't notice how far I was from the home point but it wouldn't have been much more than 500m.

The 2nd time, minutes later, I got a weak signal at the other end of the beach, and before I could pilot it back, the screen went black, before RTH failsafe kicked in.

Not long into the return journey I got the signal back, and could see that the drone was still filming, but it was headed for a tree, even though I am pretty sure my RTH height was something like 100m. The sensors kicked in and lifted it to safety, but it still scared the crap out of me.

The only thing I can think is that a warning came upon takeoff to let me know that there was an airport nearby. (But not within 5km. It let me take off). Would that have caused a weak signal?

Beginning to wonder if I have a bad unit. I already had to swap out one battery which was DOA. A 2nd battery doesn't seem to last long enough. (Feels like half of the others).

10km in perfect conditions.

Warnings don’t cause signal loss.

You should pay closer attention to the telemetry on your screen so you can provide more accurate information.

If there were trees between you and your drone that right there is enough to lower the range. You mentioned seeing a tree on the way back.

Same with your perception of batteries just how long of a flight time are you getting? It’s pretty easy to check the flight time.

Hola, deberías intentar poner tu teléfono en modo avión, estoy seguro de que tendrás menos interferencia ?
( .Hi, you should try putting your phone in airplane mode, I'm sure you will have less interference)
Please post in English .
Thanks

I had a similar issue with my mavic pro platinum. I recalibrated the IMU , the problem seemed to go away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3