DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost connection to RC

asjstian

Reactions
So yesterday I finally found the nerves to try and fly a bit farther than I normally do.
But after about 800m Rc lost connection to the drone, and preformed RTH. Got a connection again on way back, at about 650m.

Everything updated to the latest firmware. No known source of interference. Using a Samsung S20 FE .

Anyone experience this? and how to see into this further?

You need to give us an idea of the terrain you flew in , was it suburban, rural, forested, mountainous etc. ?
There are a lot of factors that affect range, were you in auto mode or did you manually select a frequency ?

You need to give us an idea of the terrain you flew in , was it suburban, rural, forested, mountainous etc. ?
There are a lot of factors that affect range, were you in auto mode or did you manually select a frequency ?
Was on small mountain/forest. Auto mode

Mini 2 uses OcuSync 2.0, same as M2P. My M2P in CE mode can go out to 6.7 km and still maintain very good connection. Suggest to test again at other places. If the problem persists, send it back to DJI.

1613563467953.png

Mini 2 uses OcuSync 2.0, same as M2P. My M2P in CE mode can go out to 6.7 km and still maintain very good connection. Suggest to test again at other places. If the problem persists, send it back to DJI.

View attachment 123952
That was what I had in mind. it's supposed to manage 10km, so 800m is far, far from. it should not in my opinion lose connection at that distance. Will give it a go, after the bad weather goes away :D

That was what I had in mind. it's supposed to manage 10km, so 800m is far, far from. it should not in my opinion lose connection at that distance. Will give it a go, after the bad weather goes away
So I've tried again now a range test. On top of mountain, with clear view of sight all the way, managed to fly 3000m before getting warned about bad signal.

Alot better than before, but still far from what it's being advertised as!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627