DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Drone / Safety update

liverpool123

Reactions
Hello everybody,

I was wondering whether anybody can please advise me on a couple of things:

First off, has anybody had any problems with the latest security update for the Mavic Mini?

My drone has been absolutely fine. I did the update this morning and took it out for a flight. About 10 minutes in - GPS went and drone disappeared - last picture taken was of a cliff edge! Home button wouldn't work, no beeping sounds, battery fine - infuriating.

Anyway, I've contacted DJI support to see if it's a manufacturer error or mine! They have said that I need to give them the serial number for the drone. I no longer have the box (And obviously not the drone). Does anybody know where else I can find the serial number please? Maybe within the app...

Thank you

It's in the app, if you look in the profile section and press "more" to show the flight records then "all aircraft" I think you will see the serial number. Aside from that it is also in the .txt flight logs.

COPY an old .txt flight log, pre App version 1.2.xx, to you computer and open it with CsvView and you would see it listed on the page that appears. If you have problems opening the log, upload it to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help then download the csv and open that with a spread sheet program, the drone sn is likely to be in columns 233 & 263

It's in the app, if you look in the profile section and press "more" to show the flight records then "all aircraft" I think you will see the serial number. Aside from that it is also in the .txt flight logs.

COPY an old .txt flight log, pre App version 1.2.xx, to you computer and open it with CsvView and you would see it listed on the page that appears. If you have problems opening the log, upload it to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help then download the csv and open that with a spread sheet program, the drone sn is likely to be in columns 233 & 263
Thanks mate

Sorry, I made a mistake, the number shown by the app etc. is for what the app etc. calls the "flight controller". That is, I think, a component inside the drone, with the Mavic Mini it is not the serial number printed on the paper label inside the battery compartment.
It does serve to indentify the drone but whether it is what DJI want I do not know.
Sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, has anybody had any problems with the latest security update for the Mavic Mini?
It's most unlikely that the update had anything to do with your incident.
My drone has been absolutely fine. I did the update this morning and took it out for a flight. About 10 minutes in - GPS went and drone disappeared - last picture taken was of a cliff edge!
Anyway, I've contacted DJI support to see if it's a manufacturer error or mine!
If you post your recorded flight data here, someone will probably be able to analyse it and give you a better explanation of the cause of the incident than DJI would, and do it quicker too.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

And a brief description of the incident would be helpful too.

Please post the logs for that flight. The review here will be more thorough than what you will get from DJI and may even give you ammunition during your communication with them. Good luck and hope you’re back in the air soon

Why go to all of that trouble when it is available on Air Data, or...you are not using Air Data.

Hello everybody,

My drone has been absolutely fine. I did the update this morning and took it out for a flight. About 10 minutes in - GPS went and drone disappeared - last picture taken was of a cliff edge! Home button wouldn't work, no beeping sounds, battery fine - infuriating.

Anyway, I've contacted DJI support to see if it's a manufacturer error or mine! They have said that I need to give them the serial number for the drone. I no longer have the box (And obviously not the drone). Does anybody know where else I can find the serial number please? Maybe within the app...

Thank you
What was your RTH setting? Losing GPS won't activate RTH, but the drone goes into ATTI mode and any kind of wind / etc will cause the drone to act on it's own - no stabilization as with GPS.

Did you lose signal? That would activate RTH if you had it set and your homepoint was where you took off from. If your homepoint set elsewhere - then with RTH - it "should" return to that point and when battery gets low enough it will self land wherever that is. But, with ATTI mode around a cliff and who knows what wind you had - the drone could be a long way away as it will drift.

Post the log files and our great folks here can plot out a possible location and what exactly happened to the drone in flight.

I've never seen a "security" update for either my Mini or Air2. Firmware - yes / zone maps yes.

• Angry
Reactions: johnweim
Hello everybody,

Thank you
Maybe,just maybe if you still have receipts the number could be there.I bought my m2 zoom at best buy,still have the receipt record in my in mail and the number is there.Good luck

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka