DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic in Maui Nov 17 2017

rsauder

Reactions
Location Lost: beach in front of the Fairmont Kea Lani (in Makena, Maui) between the hotel and the Polo Beach Club ; see Google Map, Below is a screenshot of it’s last known gps location as I am sure it landed in the tree/bushes shown (where the walkway is to your side parking lot).

Date Lost: Nov 17th 2017

In order to get any insurance to cover I must be able to recover the drone (so it doesn’t matter what condition it is in !!).

Attachments

• Mavic Maui Location Map GPS.png
    Mavic Maui Location Map GPS.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 63
Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here. You'll find instructions for locating your TXT flight log at that link.

Hi, I don't need to upload to find the mavic...I've already looked at my data to get it's GPS location. A search of the area did not turn it up. I am hoping any vacationers in the area might find it though as I need it in ANY condition found (shark bite is ok too).Thanks.

Hi, I don't need to upload to find the mavic...I've already looked at my data to get it's GPS location. A search of the area did not turn it up.
Lost drones are rarely found at the last GPS coordinates recorded in the flight log. If you'd like a second opinion, feel free to post your flight log.

Drone is not there... Wäs ït windy..? Did it just fall out of the sky..? Couple of my friends were there n nö sign... Might need better coordinates...

That is awesome that you tried- thanks! I'll update my post with my full flight log (as a moderator suggested) and see if it shows better coordinates. It was not windy the day it was lost. I got that map from the "Where's my Drone" in Go4. I suspect it might have gone further across the beach towards "Makena Point" - the red roofed condos right beside the Fairmont. I did contact the guard there and he hasn't located it. 2 witnesses said they saw it exactly there over the beach above the tree that is in my picture. It is the exact last location that my phone screen showed before the app crashed and I lost video feed. Data showed that it was less than 1 mph at the tree and I suspected this was the location where it auto-landed. Because I was at the next beach over (200m away) I couldn't see it land. Quite possible that people on the beach stole it but I hate to think that of people.

Drone is not there... Wäs ït windy..? Did it just fall out of the sky..? Couple of my friends were there n nö sign... Might need better coordinates...
That is awesome that you tried- thanks! I'll update my post with my full flight log (as a moderator suggested) and see if it shows better coordinates. It was not windy the day it was lost. I got that map from the "Where's my Drone" in Go4. I suspect it might have gone further across the beach towards "Makena Point" - the red roofed condos right beside the Fairmont. I did contact the guard there and he hasn't located it. 2 witnesses said they saw it exactly there over the beach above the tree that is in my picture. It is the exact last location that my phone screen showed before the app crashed and I lost video feed. Data showed that it was less than 1 mph at the tree and I suspected this was the location where it auto-landed. Because I was at the next beach over (200m away) I couldn't see it land. Quite possible that people on the beach stole it but I hate to think that of people.

We tried looking for it n kinda hard cause it's been a month ago too... It must've went some where else cause i don't think the drone would've sunk in that deep in those bushes in that area...

We tried looking for it n kinda hard cause it's been a month ago too... It must've went some where else cause i don't think the drone would've sunk in that deep in those bushes in that area...
I was only able to look for a short time because we left back to Canada the next day. I know what you mean about the bushes...I would have thought too that it would almost sit on top but pretty sure it fell inside. I'm 99% it is exactly in that area as my last 3 data points showed it basically in a hover at 7m/20' above that tree (closest one to the beach) by the path that goes to the parking lot. That tree is basically 20' high. Three people sitting next to the start of the bushes said they saw it go over head the tree (in the direction of the hotel) but didn't see any further then that. I've contacted hotel security as recently as this week and noone has found/turned it in. Seems so odd that I didn't get it within the 5min it took me to run to the location; you'd think someone would have actually witnessed it land. It auto-landed, it didn't fall from height. I'll upload my flight data asap so it can be analysed. To me it doesn't matter what condition it (if ever) is found in; I have DJI's Refresh insurance on it BUT THEY need it recovered in order to replace (not totally fair imo). I flew it 100% in LOS until the app crashed , very well publicized defect in version 4.15. I don't think DJI will honor their responsibility once they finish their investigation soon.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661