DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic Pro Help

Lwieman

Reactions
I was flying my mavic in the forest and I got caught in some heavy wind, I tried to bring it back but the wind was too strong. I lowered the altitude in an attempt to avoid the wind, however in doing so I lost connection. The battery had about 11% left when I lost connection. I have attached the flight log, any assistance in locating it would be greatly appreciated!
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-10-13_[12-04-50].txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
This looks like a pretty straight forward case. It's probably near where the flight log ended. The drone was at critical battery levels when you disconnected, so it probably started descending on the spot, while trying to initiate RTH.

No for the tough love part of my help. That was some irresponsible flying. You don't keep flying out further in a high wind, with the wind, past half way on your battery levels. That ensures the drone will never return safely.

I know it was stupid, and then i really panicked when it was halfway out and I started battling with the wind. Do you know which location would be the most accurate from the two screenshots i attached the "find my drone" or the last point in the flight path log?

I know it was stupid, and then i really panicked when it was halfway out and I started battling with the wind. Do you know which location would be the most accurate from the two screenshots i attached the "find my drone" or the last point in the flight path log?
Looking at the flight log your battery levels were at 11% when you disconnected. That means the drone stopped and initiated RTH. It began to climb the 2000 ft to reach the programmed altitude. In doing so that battery will have dropped to 10% initiating critical landing. The drone hasn't begun to move yet, so it will land on the spot, most likely.

@BudWalker and @Robbyg

Reactions: angeloyzf
Thank you I appreciate it. I will try to locate it tomorrow it is about three miles from the nearest road so I’ll be hiking in the morning.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ