DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic pro platinum on Iceland

Roucis

Reactions
Problem? I lost my Mavic pro, due to basic mistake. (I landed in a different place and turned off the controller with the option of RtH on. when I came to the coordinates of landing the Drone was gone. It took me a 30min to get there. (RTH altitude set to 60 m if I remember correctly).

Was unit in a crash? As far as I know, the drone was new. (I crashed drone before, but the DJI service took it for spare parts and gave me a new one for a certain price).

What have you tried so far? Well, there was not many things to do, I was looking for the drone, I contacted the DJI support and so on

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Xiaomi Redmi note 4

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Latest one, I don't know the number now.

What Go app version are you using? DJI Go 4

Any modification? Nope, nothing

Did you change anything or install any apps? Nope

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem?
I have pictures of the place I landed, but they are useless.

Attached log:
DJI flight viewer
Air data

Why do I post this? It is 3 weeks since I lost it and I already said farewell to my Mavic, but it is still somewhere there, and I do a plan to return to Iceland and I have still hope, that I will find it, but I don't know where, because it is a huge cliffy area surrounded by a cold sea. I feel sorry mainly for all the amazing videos I made there and on Faroe Islands which I had no chance to backup before.

Is there any chance to find it? and if so, could be the data still readable (SanDisk micro sdxc extreme pro 64gb).

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-07-02_[22-17-18].txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Problem? I lost my Mavic pro, due to basic mistake. (I landed in a different place and turned off the controller with the option of RtH on. when I came to the coordinates of landing the Drone was gone. It took me a 30min to get there. (RTH altitude set to 60 m if I remember correctly).

Was unit in a crash? As far as I know, the drone was new. (I crashed drone before, but the DJI service took it for spare parts and gave me a new one for a certain price).

What have you tried so far? Well, there was not many things to do, I was looking for the drone, I contacted the DJI support and so on

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Xiaomi Redmi note 4

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Latest one, I don't know the number now.

What Go app version are you using? DJI Go 4

Any modification? Nope, nothing

Did you change anything or install any apps? Nope

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem?
I have pictures of the place I landed, but they are useless.

Attached log:
DJI flight viewer
Air data

Why do I post this? It is 3 weeks since I lost it and I already said farewell to my Mavic, but it is still somewhere there, and I do a plan to return to Iceland and I have still hope, that I will find it, but I don't know where, because it is a huge cliffy area surrounded by a cold sea. I feel sorry mainly for all the amazing videos I made there and on Faroe Islands which I had no chance to backup before.

Is there any chance to find it? and if so, could be the data still readable (SanDisk micro sdxc extreme pro 64gb).
Welcome and sorry for the sad story. I hope you will be able to retrieve it.
I had a drone that done a flyaway and in fact it pas 9 months (over the winter) on the top of a building. The drone was dead from corrosion but the memory card was still ok to retrieve the videos and see the crash. Hope it will be same for you.

Reactions: Roucis
Looks like you landed here. You can see several people on the beach and odds are high that someone stole your bird that was passing by.

upload_2018-7-23_11-17-2.png

Looks like you landed here. You can see several people on the beach and odds are high that someone stole your bird that was passing by.

View attachment 42542

thank you for a response :) actually I landed a little bit more on the right, but I know that there were ppl. I also thought someone stole it, but there (Iceland) is the lowest crime on the earth. And I also thought why would somebody steal a drone, if he/she has no controller. :/ but it is possibility also

thank you for a response :) actually I landed a little bit more on the right, but I know that there were ppl. I also thought someone stole it, but there (Iceland) is the lowest crime on the earth. And I also thought why would somebody steal a drone, if he/she has no controller. :/ but it is possibility also
How long did it take you to get to the landing point?

How long did it take you to get to the landing point?
30 min :/ I was right above the place, but it was a problem to get down from the cliff and I could not make it back on the cliff because of the strong wind, so I landed down there

30 min :/ I was right above the place, but it was a problem to get down from the cliff and I could not make it back on the cliff because of the strong wind, so I landed down there
And turn all the way down the low battery settings in the Go4 app. You had a lot of gas left in the tank and in sport mode you could probably have fought through the high winds and made it up the cliff. Live and learn :)

So sorry for your loss. If it was lost on this beach - it is probably on the bottom of the sea.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada