DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost mavic pro

maverick 81

Reactions
If you loose signal on your drone in a remote area and can’t access the find my drone function because of poor network. If someone picks it up and takes it away will the gps signal still work even if the battery is dead?

No.

Reactions: Thomas B and Simmo
I’m sorry but not sure what you are asking .

I'm sorry for your lost drone. In case you can't find, I just saw this other thread here from a guy selling his brand new drone.

Also now I can see it on the map and coordinates, so I will go Tommorow and try locate it. Should I take the charged remote with me, is there any benefit in doing that or not?

Also now I can see it on the map and coordinates, so I will go Tommorow and try locate it. Should I take the charged remote with me, is there any benefit in doing that or not?
Just go to the area indicated. No need for the remote. Best of luck finding your bird. If you don’t, consider posting the flight logs here for analysis.... wind drift, etc.

Reactions: maverick 81
You don't need mobile coverage at all to fly - you could fly perfectly well in the middle of the Simpson Desert.
My mate says someone may have jammed the signal, is this possible?
There's a 0% chance of that and the cause of the incident will be something much more ordinary.
Also now I can see it on the map and coordinates, so I will go Tomorrow and try locate it. Should I take the charged remote with me, is there any benefit in doing that or not?
No need to take the controller.

The most useful thing to help find the drone would be to post the flight data here and someone can analyse the flight, point to the cause of the incident and probably give you a likely search area to find the drone.
To do that, go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks for the advice, geez I’m such a rookie with this and I have over 70 flights. Your knowledge is impressive. Thanks

IMG_7333.JPG

This is what my downloaded flight records look like. What program do I need to read them?

This is what my downloaded flight records look like. What program do I need to read them?
Post #11 gave details - or if you post the .txt file here, I can download it and start analysing it.

Can I email you, I am not computer savvy sorry

Sorry to hear of your Mavic loss, let’s hope you can recover it and find it’s ok, or at least not too much damage.

If you go through the process to get your flight .txt file, upload to the linked phantom help page, copy that web address, the paste it in reply here, that is generally all the good people here need to analyse and try and give you a pretty accurate location to search.
This can allow for wind drift and all.

Where are you located ?

Hi guys, just an update I found the bird this morning. Set out at 3am on a 2 hr drive and found it! What a relief! Sitting in the dunes a little bit of sand sticking to the leg connectors but in good nick. Thank you all for your great help and feedback and to Meta4 for analysing my flight records. I owe u a beer

Hi guys, just an update I found the bird this morning. Set out at 3am on a 2 hr drive and found it! What a relief! Sitting in the dunes a little bit of sand sticking to the leg connectors but in good nick. Thank you all for your great help and feedback and to Meta4 for analysing my flight records. I owe u a beer
Glad to see you found her! Use every precaution not to lose her again . . . happy flying.

Reactions: maverick 81
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123