DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my Dji Mini 3 Pro last night…..Why??

Julius Danziger

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I am in Atlanta for m’y granddaughters graduation and flew my DJI mini 3 Pro last night at sunset
Everything was fine will great imagery until the last flight when the RC controller went black and I lost communication with the drone
Whatever I tried could not communicate with it and it never returned to home automatically
How can I find out why this hsppebed
Can anybody help how I get the flight log from the RC controller or any suggestions would be helpful
Thanks
I also tried to find it by using “find my drone” and the controller said. Not connected to the internet

Reactions: JimSteadman
I am in Atlanta for m’y granddaughters graduation and flew my DJI mini 3 Pro last night at sunset
Everything was fine will great imagery until the last flight when the RC controller went black and I lost communication with the drone
Whatever I tried could not communicate with it and it never returned to home automatically
How can I find out why this hsppebed
Can anybody help how I get the flight log from the RC controller or any suggestions would be helpful
Thanks
I also tried to find it by using “find my drone” and the controller said. Not connected to the internet
Here is a thread that should help you find the log and upload it to phantomhelp.com:

What did you have your lost signal set at
You have return to home ,desend and hover
Is your last flight showing on the Rc ,you can play it back and check on the map your last location

Have a look at post#7 in

if you can find the log copy it to computer and upload it to

then post the URL (web address ) here.

It might be useful to copy ALL the logs to your computer and if the folder MCDatFlightRecords contains any logs (DATs) copy those to your computer too.

If this gives you difficulty have your son/daughter.granddaughter have a look.

With regards to connecting the controller to wifi this might be useful
but I can't tell about the narration, I am deaf and there are no subtitles

If set to return, this sounds like a possible collision either during normal flight, or during the automated return flight.

In that spirit, everyone, don't forget to check your RTH altitude before flight!

Agree, always plan ahead for loss of signal and be fully aware of what you should and shouldn’t do when it happens. If followed correctly, losing connection should never result in a lost drone. Mechanical failure and pilot error are the only other reasons (excuse). Set to RTH and proper hight above obstructions, it comes home..every time. You will be notified that RTH is being initiated, don’t push the RTH button as that cancels it. When contact returns, you can take control or let it complete RTH.
Loss of screen or picture is completely different as you still remain in total control..so it better be within sight. But, that’s when the RTH button comes in handy (pay attention and wait for it). Enjoy

Reactions: Torque
But, that’s when the RTH button comes in handy (pay attention and wait for it). Enjoy

Heh heh... That RTH button comes in handy for me every time I'm done flying a camera drone.

FPV is an entirely different animal that is a gas to land every time, especially with the Motion Controller.

Reactions: Capt KO
Would love to help you, but need to see teh flight data to get started.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

The relevant .txt file will be in here:
Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord

Blackscreen doesn't mean you lost connection, just means the app glitched, it's a common DJI Fly app error that also happens with phones. If the controller had still good connection with the drone, it won't RTH unless you manually press the button or enters low battery RTH mode.

Losing video feed doesn't trigger RTH.

On the other hand, whenever you lose connection, drone enters RTH by default, that's why you never take off without proper GPS lock and a proper unobstructed homepoint set.

So probably you left the drone hovering somewhere and then it returned to RTH when the battery was low.

Whenever blackscreen or other glitch happens, press RTH so while you are solving the problem, the drone is returning home.

Find the logs and upload them to airdata to see the log and where the drone could be at.

Reactions: MossyDronePilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots