DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LOST MY MAVIC PLEASE HELP!!

Flicking the mode switch into sport will indeed cancel all flight modes including RTH and give you immediate control of the aircraft . You can leave the switch in sport mode and press RTH button again and it will fly back much faster and without the obstacle sensors . If it ever starts getting the false obstacle detection from the sun or is fighting a strong headwind you can do this and it will come right back home very quickly. Just make sure your RTH altitude is set high enough to miss any tall objects . I set my RTH altitude at 350' just to be sure and I have my battery warning set to chime in at 50% just to be sure I don't outfly my battery distance . .
I have used RTH in sport mode several times as it does indeed return much faster, just never tried to cancel it by switching back into normal mode. try not to set your RTH height much higher than the tallest obstacle in your flight area as this will burn more battery power to attain that altitude prior to returning, and then yet more descending from that height. The tallest obstacle in my area is 90', so my RTH height is 120', an initial battery warning of 25% is plenty, remember that battery warning is dynamic, in that it will alert you when you get to a level that will leave 5% on a RTH. I regularly fly my batteries down to 10-15% prior to landing, its kind of like scuba diving, you want to end up low on air close to the surface, same with the battery, low power close to your home point. It works for me as in 4 years of flying quads have yet to lose one to battery issues, or anything else for that matter.

I have used RTH in sport mode several times as it does indeed return much faster, just never tried to cancel it by switching back into normal mode. try not to set your RTH height much higher than the tallest obstacle in your flight area as this will burn more battery power to attain that altitude prior to returning, and then yet more descending from that height. The tallest obstacle in my area is 90', so my RTH height is 120', an initial battery warning of 25% is plenty, remember that battery warning is dynamic, in that it will alert you when you get to a level that will leave 5% on a RTH. I regularly fly my batteries down to 10-15% prior to landing, its kind of like scuba diving, you want to end up low on air close to the surface, same with the battery, low power close to your home point. It works for me as in 4 years of flying quads have yet to lose one to battery issues, or anything else for that matter.

I fly in very hilly somewhat mountainous terrain and altitude is relative to where you launch and cell towers are here and there all around so my RTH altitude is set accordingly just to be sure . I have my 1st warning set at 50% just so I can look at my distance , speed and check the current wind speeds etc and judge if I can go further or need to head back . It's just an audible warning to give a heads up that's all . The critical level warning is set at 10% . I don't think I'd ever trust a 25% warning to get back home if I were to get distracted and not think about conditions until that sucker chimed in . RTH on 5% would surely have me searching for a Mavic in a haystack somewhere :) I only fly a couple miles out so far and have always got back home with 60% left and then do close to home flying for the remainder of the battery .

I've flown 6ch helis and aeroplanes for years and then started building my own quads in 2010 . I also have never crashed or lost a quad except for my smaller racing drones . I really wish DJI Go4 and Litchi would let us select variable RTH altitudes as it gets closer to home . On my drones with Vector flight controls I can select a initial RTH altitude then select 2 more at different distances to the homepoint . I usually select 350' then as it gets closer reduce down to 100' and then down to 60 '.

Last edited:
I fly in very hilly somewhat mountainous terrain and altitude is relative to where you launch and cell towers are here and there all around so my RTH altitude is set accordingly just to be sure . I have my 1st warning set at 50% just so I can look at my distance , speed and check the current wind speeds etc and judge if I can go further or need to head back . It's just an audible warning to give a heads up that's all . The critical level warning is set at 10% . I don't think I'd ever trust a 25% warning to get back home if I were to get distracted and not think about conditions until that sucker chimed in . RTH on 5% would surely have me searching for a Mavic in a haystack somewhere :) I only fly a couple miles out so far and have always got back home with 60% left and then do close to home flying for the remainder of the battery .

I've flown 6ch helis and aeroplanes for years and then started building my own quads in 2010 . I also have never crashed or lost a quad except for my smaller racing drones . I really wish DJI Go4 and Litchi would let us select variable RTH altitudes as it gets closer to home . On my drones with Vector flight controls I can select a initial RTH altitude then select 2 more at different distances to the homepoint . I usually select 350' then as it gets closer reduce down to 100' and then down to 60 '.
You fly with good, safety precautions. More pilots should be as cautious. The smart battery also knows its distance travelled so it will initiate a RTH warning well before the low batt setting if it is long way out. I don't like to push my luck either, but I feel comfortable with the 30% default setting.

where is the flight logs?

did we get trolled?
I'm struggling to pull it from the mavic. It is there, but if I convert the .dat file to csv there is hardly any info in there. Just a couple of headings.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I'm struggling to pull it from the mavic. It is there, but if I convert the .dat file to csv there is hardly any info in there. Just a couple of headings.

So you pulled it? just upload the raw .dat so we can take a stab at it.

What are the file sizes? when you open it up with a hex editor or notepad++ what do you think? any entrophy at all?

OK let me try.

instead of using DatCon to convert to csv, you can also open the .dat in
Viewer.exe located in C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Assistant

here is a tutorial how:

Reactions: TBird
Yes. I'll try to pull it from the mavic again. But I also saw that in one conversion I did.

BTW how come you didn't get DJI Care ? you can still post a dancing movie and DJI could accept it.

I bought this and had it sent to a friend in HK. So you can't officially buy it from DJI in South Africa. Only retailers. - I think that disqualifies me?

FLY067.DAT

Let me know if this works?
A .DAT gets created every time the battery is turned on. This may be the one created when you were trying to retrieve a particular .DAT. Also, the RC wasn't on. Look here for info on picking the right .DAT.

A .DAT gets created every time the battery is turned on. This may be the one created when you were trying to retrieve a particular .DAT. Also, the RC wasn't on. Look here for info on picking the right .DAT.
Thanks will have a look. If I recall correctly it was the only file on that date and it was the biggest (33mb)?

Thanks will have a look. If I recall correctly it was the only file on that date and it was the biggest (33mb)?

it should open up the E:\ drive and you can also do a dump of all the .DAT files

some of my larger ones on longer flights are almost 400 MB in size so tour is small very small

Reactions: kirsten.rossouw
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial