DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LOST MY MAVIC PLEASE HELP!!

BTW how come you didn't get DJI Care ? you can still post a dancing movie and DJI could accept it.

I kind of wish I did now, but when I got it I turned it on and activated it to test it out before my return period was up, now since its winter its been sitting in its box since. I cant get it right? You have to buy within 48 hours of activating correcT?

Awesome! Think hard about attaching a tracker so that every time you fly you are not thinking to yourself "What if this flight I loose it again".

Investigate the Marco Polo for areas that do not have cellular service or the Trackimo for areas that do have cellular service.

For the trackimo I assume you have to buy the 3g version in the USA or it wont work? My 2g gps tracker for another purpose stopped working last month due to tAT&T shutting down their 2g network.

I kind of wish I did now, but when I got it I turned it on and activated it to test it out before my return period was up, now since its winter its been sitting in its box since. I cant get it right? You have to buy within 48 hours of activating correcT?

Yes you can, see this fool
u have to do a dance video for the beancounters at dji

Yes you can, see this fool
u have to do a dance video for the beancounters at dji

If I buy it here, you think I will be able to get them to activate it if i send them the video? Or do you think i will need to buy it from them directly?

Ok Try this one. I already converted it to CSV.
But I cannot upload it to Healthy Drones. It gives me an "file too big" error.

FLY065.csv
HD won't accept the .csv produced by DatCon. AFAIK CsvView is the only app that can accept a DatCon produced .csv.

I haven't read every post but I assume you want to know why the AC chose to land where it did. The flight began with 55% battery. As the flight progressed the battery decreased and at time 523 it had decreased to 13%. At the time, 13% was the threshold to trigger a smart battery requested landing.
upload_2017-2-17_7-46-55.png

upload_2017-2-17_7-47-54.png

Reactions: peros550 and BD0G
Hi Guys,

I was flying my mavic. It gave me a low battery warning. I switched the sport mode off. The app crashed. I thought, not to worry, it with return home. I did not hear anything. I tried restarting the app to get connection back. It never happening. It kept giving the returning home beeping. What should I do now. Remember remotely where it was last, not far from my home. But how do I get detailed log now op last position?
this is why I bought the marco polo. if I was in your unfortunate pos it would of paid for itself. sorry for your loss hope you find it.

Reactions: _milo_
Great news you got it back and undamaged! I ordered a Marco Polo last week for £180 and a friend in the US will be posting it over to me in the UK :)

Reactions: _milo_
I just got my Mavic and joined the forum this week. Great to see the community help to find the MP. The world today is definitely a smaller one that what we were all born into.

What condition was it in? Happy for you but some advise: (not that this was the cause), always t/o with a fully charged battery. Set your RTH 1st warning at 30% and GO HOME when it warns you. Don't press it.. Make a checklist and use it...For items like: props firmly attached, battery firmly seated, RTH altitude properly set and RTH behavior set as you desire. Personally, as an additional practice (you likely do this but I thought I'd mention it), when I t/o, I hover at about 6 feet for 30 seconds or so. If all OK< then i slowly move it to a clear spot and make sure it has sats, I'll usually climb 50' over obstacles to get most sats. I sit there for 30 seconds. I climb to 50 feet below my RTH altitude and them move 100 feet away our so. I test RTH. If AOK, then I do what I wanted to do. Some people would say "too much hassle". But, I've learned these lessons the hard way. Happy flying and keep the greasy side down and the shiny side up.

Skyler, you nailed it! This thing may look like a toy, but it REQUIRES some close attention to detail, detail like you posted. Fun but you need to be "on" to fly without accidents.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: dewster
Those are the happiest 7 guys I have seen in quite a while.
ab07b5d6370d09eefd4a45245bfab8c1.jpg

I dunno....the bald guy in the white looks like he had some serious sun glare, needs sun glasses, probably wondering where the picture is going to end up, naturally angry OR.......he's a character from "the hills have eyes"!!!:mad:o_O:eek::p:D

Gotta love a good South African search party.... well done guys... what an awesome end to a sad story...

I see it went down near Krugersdorp, I am an ex Benoni boy - I dated a girl from Krugersdorp once :)

You are very lucky it was not found by the wrong guy.

Glad you got your baby back boet!

Thank you. It is dark now. Will go and look tomorrow morning.
It was beeping as if it was coming home and the remote itself was not saying "connecting".
Would it not then have moved from the last recorded position if the RTH was initiated automatically as it was set up?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

RTH only happen when your RC lost signal to Mavic. I had this problem once, the apps crash and cannot connect back. I need to unplugged the USB cable on the RC and replugged back to USB cable, the apps pop and the screen connected back to Mavic.

Next time you can try to do that Unplugged the USB and plug it back

The app crash may have aborted that.

App crash won't aborted RTH. You still have the RC to control the mavic; or initiate the RTH button on RC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569