DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LOST MY MAVIC PLEASE HELP!!

Awesome news Kristen. I see you are from the roodepoort area, good call for not going out in the night trying to search for it. Unfortunately us South Africans cant go walking into bushy areas at night scrap that any areas without the risk of getting mugged or worse.
I was so desperate. I did go out last night. But quickly saw its too dark and with the good rain lately very bushy. Was so lucky this morning to find those guys to help me.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Awesome! Think hard about attaching a tracker so that every time you fly you are not thinking to yourself "What if this flight I loose it again".

Investigate the Marco Polo for areas that do not have cellular service or the Trackimo for areas that do have cellular service.

Reactions: kirsten.rossouw
Now it would be interesting for most of us if you downloaded the full log from the craft and post it here to see what happened while you were not logging on your phone

Now it would be interesting for most of us if you downloaded the full log from the craft and post it here to see what happened while you were not logging on your phone
Will do. Just a pity I was not recording!

This is a good bet, I know switching into or out of Sport mode will cancel most other modes it is in, never tried to cancel a RTH event that way, worth a test to see

Flicking the mode switch into sport will indeed cancel all flight modes including RTH and give you immediate control of the aircraft . You can leave the switch in sport mode and press RTH button again and it will fly back much faster and without the obstacle sensors . If it ever starts getting the false obstacle detection from the sun or is fighting a strong headwind you can do this and it will come right back home very quickly. Just make sure your RTH altitude is set high enough to miss any tall objects . I set my RTH altitude at 350' just to be sure and I have my battery warning set to chime in at 50% just to be sure I don't outfly my battery distance . .

Reactions: erkme73
Great news guys!
Rounded up a couple of guys, offered a generous reward and an hour in found my Mavic! Woohoo! Thank you so much for all your help- from to bottom of my heart! See the search heros in the picture!
854930366606aa9ddccb4ef4a3a246de.jpg

Great news, so glad to hear you found it. You were smart waiting until the morning, it makes no sense to put your life on the line for a drone. Get a Marco Polo Tracker and if this happens again it will take you 10 minutes to find it even if is at night.

Rob

Help me quick please? How do you pull the log from the drone? If I plug it into my laptop it does not register as a storage device?

Wait until your sure its dried out before connecting a battery.

Will do thanks.
I am thinking of running the old DJI app because of instability of the Go 4 app- heck I nearly lost my mavic. What's your thoughts?

Reactions: Tricky98
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman