DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost signal at short distance

Prunety

Reactions
My Mavic 2 Pro lost connection after only a short distance of 150 ft straight out from me and 50 ft straight above me. It then returns to home and land. Sometimes it reconnects within 10 few during the return to home. The signal is strong at take off but quickly drops off as the drone flys away.
I have try it in different location, same thing. This has never happened before and I have this drone since the release. Has anyone experience this? How did you solve it?

My Mavic 2 Pro lost connection after only a short distance of 150 ft straight out from me and 50 ft straight above me. It then returns to home and land. Sometimes it reconnects within 10 few during the return to home. The signal is strong at take off but quickly drops off as the drone flys away.
I have try it in different location, same thing. This has never happened before and I have this drone since the release. Has anyone experience this? How did you solve it?
bit confused here ,how can it be 50ft straight above you and 150 ft away from you perhaps you mean 150 ft away at 50 ft elevation

Be sure you have proper antenna orientation. That is, the flat side of the antennas (not the tip) facing the aircraft.

I have (once ... <ahem> maybe twice) even taken off with the antenna still folded in to the remote -- don't be like me.

Chris

Reactions: MRomine
Be sure you have proper antenna orientation. That is, the flat side of the antennas (not the tip) facing the aircraft.

I have (once ... <ahem> maybe twice) even taken off with the antenna still folded in to the remote -- don't be like me.

Chris
Easy to do ... finally had to put antenna unfolding into my preflight checklist.... said the senile old guy. :rolleyes:

Does this happen every time in all locations? Can you give us details of your hardware and software?
If this happens in all locations I’d contact DJI.

The problem is likely one of two things, either strong nearby interferance or defective equipment. To find out which, change location by a good distance, say 1/2 mile. Try flying there to see if the problem persists.

Reactions: Thomas B

Chris

I've had that happen many times, forgot to unfold the antenna, flown very far... But have never had a disconnect or any signal loss at all. The Mavic 2 radio range is amazing! With my Spark, even with the antenna pointed perfectly I'd get weak signal at around 6-700 ft out and total signal loss at 900 ft sometimes.

Reactions: Thomas B
bit confused here ,how can it be 50ft straight above you and 150 ft away from you perhaps you mean 150 ft away at 50 ft elevation
Sorry for the long delay in getting back. You are correct in 50 ft elevation. It I fly straight up from launch I lost connection after 50 ft. Have not have this problem in the 18 months flying the drone.

Chris
The antenna were unfolded as I usual. I live in Covington GA, and the problem first happened in South Africa about 2 hours drive east of Cape Town. I flew it in Cape Town without any issues. I first thought it was being affected by some sort of drone jammer but the problem continued after returning to the States.
I spoke to DJI help center but they were unable to help and asked that I send it to them to evaluate. I shipped it out yesterday.
I will let the group know what they found.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ