DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Love Litchi but........

PBF

Reactions
Hi all, UK calling.
I love Litchi mainly due to ease of setting up missions, variances I can adjust and pretty much everything about it, heres the but....
Today working on a promo for my golf club, all permission given and a plan of attack from my buddy and I.
I am to produce the promo video and he is going to make a more detailed hole by hole explanation video for tutoring etc.
I duly set up all 18 holes on Litchi on my iMac and carefully checked all the necessary altitudes, way points and points of interest.
Due to various reasons we decided to start on the 4th hole. I went first with my beautiful M2Z, worked exactly to plan, then we swapped my iPad mini into his remote and he did a slightly different end to the hole on his M2P. Perfect.
We basically used exactly the same path but different cameras and adjusted end to the hole. BUT on the 13th hole, after I had successfully completed my bit on the M2Z, when we moved the iPad to his remote it failed to load the hole, countless times we tried to load it bit no it would not load. We tried all the usual close, open Litchi, shut down the M2P, switch off remote etc etc....
We moved to the 11th, he stared this time, perfect mission. Moved the iPad to my remote, but would not load. Same message, "Failed to load, taking off" ?? That was it, we gave up, I promised to ask all you great people out there for help.
Any suggestions.

Hi all, UK calling.
I love Litchi mainly due to ease of setting up missions, variances I can adjust and pretty much everything about it, heres the but....
Today working on a promo for my golf club, all permission given and a plan of attack from my buddy and I.
I am to produce the promo video and he is going to make a more detailed hole by hole explanation video for tutoring etc.
I duly set up all 18 holes on Litchi on my iMac and carefully checked all the necessary altitudes, way points and points of interest.
Due to various reasons we decided to start on the 4th hole. I went first with my beautiful M2Z, worked exactly to plan, then we swapped my iPad mini into his remote and he did a slightly different end to the hole on his M2P. Perfect.
We basically used exactly the same path but different cameras and adjusted end to the hole. BUT on the 13th hole, after I had successfully completed my bit on the M2Z, when we moved the iPad to his remote it failed to load the hole, countless times we tried to load it bit no it would not load. We tried all the usual close, open Litchi, shut down the M2P, switch off remote etc etc....
We moved to the 11th, he stared this time, perfect mission. Moved the iPad to my remote, but would not load. Same message, "Failed to load, taking off" ?? That was it, we gave up, I promised to ask all you great people out there for help.
Any suggestions.

Did the drone that was giving you trouble have a full battery? Sometimes a mission will not load if there isn’t enough battery left. Also it would, for the same reason, be better to take off manually and record a new home point before uploading the mission.

Last thing and this is speculation I’m not completely sure if this is how it works but sometimes the app needs to register itself when connecting to a new drone. Does the iPad have cell service? Is it possible you were close enough to the club house to get WiFi for the earlier holes but too far away at the later holes for WiFi?

Reactions: PBF and davemgood
Did the drone that was giving you trouble have a full battery? Sometimes a mission will not load if there isn’t enough battery left. Also it would, for the same reason, be better to take off manually and record a new home point before uploading the mission.

Last thing and this is speculation I’m not completely sure if this is how it works but sometimes the app needs to register itself when connecting to a new drone. Does the iPad have cell service? Is it possible you were close enough to the club house to get WiFi for the earlier holes but too far away at the later holes for WiFi?

Thanks brett8883,
Both drones had the same issue. but batteries on each of them was at least 75%, so I'll count that out.
Setting a new home point, I will definitely try that as it didn't occur to us to do that at the time but it makes a lot of sense.
My iPad mini does not have cell and where we were positioned on the course we couldn't receive wifi at any point but I was tethered via mobile phone which we know worked fine as we needed DJI to unlock the airspace on initial start up.
Again thanks for taking the time, I will report back after our next attempt.

Thanks brett8883,
Both drones had the same issue. but batteries on each of them was at least 75%, so I'll count that out.
Setting a new home point, I will definitely try that as it didn't occur to us to do that at the time but it makes a lot of sense.
My iPad mini does not have cell and where we were positioned on the course we couldn't receive wifi at any point but I was tethered via mobile phone which we know worked fine as we needed DJI to unlock the airspace on initial start up.
Again thanks for taking the time, I will report back after our next attempt.

Oh I misunderstood so same issue different drones same device. Sounds like an app or device issue. If the problem persists try doing to hardware reboot on the iPad. That should clear any memory cache created by the app that might be causing it. Also make sure you don’t have DJI Go 4 running in the background.

On the iPads from the last few years a hard reset procedure is
volume up>
volume down>
Hold lock button till iPad shuts down, restarts and then let go of the lock button when the Apple logo comes back on.

Try to do vol up vol down hold lock button fairly quickly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi