DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Love my Air 3, but man, this Mini 4 Pro...

Be gentle, everyone! This is my raw footage. It's not curated at all, nor has anything been color-corrected or anything like that.
Really nice videography, sir! I could tell you were flying manually and, for the most part, everything looked smooth and well framed (from my point of view). My compliments!

I did see you were flying in some wind - the flags were waving and you could see it in some of the trees. Still it seemed the Mini 4 handled it just fine.

Thanks for posting those. I watched all of them with much enjoyment. :)

Reactions: Thmoore
Really nice videography, sir! I could tell you were flying manually and, for the most part, everything looked smooth and well framed (from my point of view). My compliments!

I did see you were flying in some wind - the flags were waving and you could see it in some of the trees. Still it seemed the Mini 4 handled it just fine.

Thanks for posting those. I watched all of them with much enjoyment. :)
Thank you so much! In full disclosure, some of it was cruise control or POI with manual adjustments along the way.

But yes – that amount of wind the Mini handles just fine.

Here's a shared album:

Be gentle, everyone! This is my raw footage. It's not curated at all, nor has anything been color-corrected or anything like that.

I was trying to get footage of the Chapultepec Castle to generate a "Gaussian splat" of it, and finally got it:

"Not Good to Fly" frequently means that way up at 120 meters, the winds may give you problems in getting home, but if you drop your altitude and pop into Sport mode (and have enough battery left), you can power through quite a bit.
I can't get enough of the gaussian splat stuff - every time I fly now, it's what I'm thinking about.

Have you tried Luma Labs? IMHO, it's even better, in many ways, than poly.cam. Faster loading, cooler looking when it does load, AND, I found out that you can actually join multiple videos into one to upload.

Check it out - I'd love to see how your capture looks on Luma Labs. Here's one of my better captures of San Andres Huayapam, Oaxaca:

Reactions: Thmoore
I can't get enough of the gaussian splat stuff - every time I fly now, it's what I'm thinking about.

Have you tried Luma Labs? IMHO, it's even better, in many ways, than poly.cam. Faster loading, cooler looking when it does load, AND, I found out that you can actually join multiple videos into one to upload.

Check it out - I'd love to see how your capture looks on Luma Labs. Here's one of my better captures of San Andres Huayapam, Oaxaca:
Now, this is news I can use! Thank you! I’ll take a look!

Reactions: basyok

It does look good!

Nice! You can even do edits to the view, but I haven't totally figured that out yet.

I was just playing with that! Tap where you wanted to center the spin. There’s a little blue circle? It works really, really nicely.

And I apologize for not complimenting your church splat in a timely fashion! That is very, very very nicely done. I got too excited and ran off to the Luma app immediately.

And yes, I do find myself now circling objects not for cinematic effect, but for splat raw material.

I was just playing with that! Tap where you wanted to center the spin. There’s a little blue circle? It works really, really nicely.

And I apologize for not complimenting your church splat in a timely fashion! That is very, very very nicely done. I got too excited and ran off to the Luma app immediately.

And yes, I do find myself now circling objects not for cinematic effect, but for splat raw material.
I'm glad to share. Looking forward to see new splats in the future.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom