DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Love the Mavic Pro 2!

I too love my MP 2 Pro, even for video. Clearly it is not as sharp as the P4pro, especially when looking at a still frame. At normal playback speed, it looks very good. Contrary to some who think the video looks “washed out”, I think the colors are very realistic and well saturated.

At the end of the day, great videos tell a story. Does extra sharpness make the story better? Perhaps for some. For me, it is plenty good enough. I will focus on cinematography and story telling and not worry about whether it is as sharp as some other tool which I won’t carry around.

I have a P4 as well and it has gathered dust ever since the Mavic was launched two years ago.

I was aware that the m2p did not make full use of the 1" sensor prior to purchasing.
While it did not stop me from purchasing the m2p, it did leave me with a sour opinion of DJI.

Et tu, DJI? Et tu. For shame.

A sour opinion will make me seek out alternatives from other more 'wholesome' competitors and I will not enthusiastically suggest dji within my social circle.

Despite the above, I will use and enjoy the m2p until something better comes along.

I was aware that the m2p did not make full use of the 1" sensor prior to purchasing.
While it did not stop me from purchasing the m2p, it did leave me with a sour opinion of DJI.

A sour opinion will make me seek out alternatives from other more 'wholesome' competitors and I will not enthusiastically suggest dji within my social circle.

Despite the above, I will use and enjoy the m2p until something better comes along.

Are you aware of the technical aspects of what DJI are doing with the sensor and the implications of it or are you just cross because someone on YouTube or on here mentioned line scanning and stuff?

Does the way DJI implement the sensor have any impact whatsoever on the quality of footage you produce?

Seems a lot of people are happy to be angry about something they really don't fully have a grip of.

Are you aware of the technical aspects of what DJI are doing with the sensor and the implications of it or are you just cross because someone on YouTube or on here mentioned line scanning and stuff?

Does the way DJI implement the sensor have any impact whatsoever on the quality of footage you produce?

Seems a lot of people are happy to be angry about something they really don't fully have a grip of.

Your first paragraph:
Not cross.
Somewhat aware of how a 1"sensor should perform.
The YouTube videos doesn't impact my opinion.

Second paragraph:
"Begging the question" logical fallacy. Look it up if you're unfamiliar.
Your question should be:
Do you think a 1"sensor should be performing better than the m2p 's ?
Yes. It should.
Don't take my word for it. Feel free to explore footage from other 1" sensors.

Third paragraph:
Uncalled for insult. :)

Im neither angry nor cross.
Do read my post where I mention I was fully aware of the dumbed down sensor prior to my purchase but did purchase it because, while not cool from dji, I needed a drone and could settle for the culled performance.

You comment as if my experience affects the enjoyment you derive.
If so, avoid the internet.

Reactions: NorthGADronePilot
Your first paragraph:
Not cross.
Somewhat aware of how a 1"sensor should perform.
The YouTube videos doesn't impact my opinion.

Second paragraph:
"Begging the question" logical fallacy. Look it up if you're unfamiliar.
Your question should be:
Do you think a 1"sensor should be performing better than the m2p 's ?
Yes. It should.
Don't take my word for it. Feel free to explore footage from other 1" sensors.

Third paragraph:
Uncalled for insult. :)

Im neither angry nor cross.
Do read my post where I mention I was fully aware of the dumbed down sensor prior to my purchase but did purchase it because, while not cool from dji, I needed a drone and could settle for the culled performance.

You comment as if my experience affects the enjoyment you derive.
If so, avoid the internet.

My last comment was a general comment aimed at a huge number of people who seem to criticise things they don't understand. My apologies that it came across to imply you specifically.

Regarding performance if you could link to some properly editing and processed M2P footage that is not up to scratch for a 1" sensor I would be grateful. Yes, the various test videos that kicked this whole debate off showing the unprocessed footage against the P4P seem to suggest a performance deficit but the P4P *always* carries out some post in-drone where as the M2P does not so straight comparisons are unfair and not valid.

Further comparisons with terrestrial 1" cameras are not really valid either because they cannot fly.

Properly edited and processed M2P footage is as good as anything else I have seen from a flying 1" sensor.

Further comparisons with terrestrial 1" cameras are not really valid either because they cannot fly.

Of course. That's why you should maneuver your drone in your hands like you would a traditional camera.

That's comparing oranges to oranges.

Properly edited and processed M2P footage is as good as anything else I have seen from a flying 1" sensor.

You're absolutely right, it's pretty good. But would've been better had they not culled performance. :)

But look, it doesn't matter.
You're enjoying it and thats all that matters.

Nope. Also the M2Zoom daytime footage is better than the MP2 daytime footage. DJI went with some crap SOC made by “Allwinner” instead of Ambarella. It can’t handle using the full sensor or barrel distortion correction in DLOG. No firmware can solve this. It’s a processor limitation.
If you were such a video expert and not just repeating what some people say on youtube, you will realise barrel distortion is quite easily fixed post-processing. Quite simply the mavic 2 pro is the best foldable drone on the market today.

Nope. Also the M2Zoom daytime footage is better than the MP2 daytime footage. DJI went with some crap SOC made by “Allwinner” instead of Ambarella. It can’t handle using the full sensor or barrel distortion correction in DLOG. No firmware can solve this. It’s a processor limitation.

Do you have an objective source for the video processor manufacturer? I haven't seen anything yet that confirms it definitively.

Very strange!

What? Is this a translation issue.? I don't intend to be rude but this must be a difference of language. Did you just Rick James your comment?

What? Is this a translation issue.? I don't intend to be rude but this must be a difference of language. Did you just Rick James your comment?

I'm not sure how one would interpret it as a self rick James'ing.

Basically I said I'm unhappy that dji claims the benefit of 1" but put out something sub 1"in performance.
Despite this, and while it could've performed better, it's still pretty good and I got one.

Must I only sing praise and hallelujah?
Or unjustifiably hate it?

Is there no middle ground where I can purchase it, criticize it's faults, praise its features and enjoy it?

Anyhow, here's a few photos from a few days ago at a local dam.

And cinematic mode is really useful for those with less than perfect cinematography-motorskills :)

org_a02ef5157894ba21_1546501776000.jpg

I agree, great shot! So if you can get images of this quality at (say) 120m altitude, what is there to criticise?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag