DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lovin that active tracking

KelvinFPV

Reactions
We lost it around the corner of the fence and a couple times while we were carrying the floor it couldn't had a hard time but all in all it almost seems alive.

Reactions: KoorbeladDigital
Hi,

Great footage. In the background you can see the trees moving quite a
bit, suggesting the aircraft was coping well with the gusts.

Noticed a lot of variation in the distance from your point of tracking
at times.

Was that intentional or as a result of the wind gusting ?

K.

Hi,

Great footage. In the background you can see the trees moving quite a
bit, suggesting the aircraft was coping well with the gusts.

Noticed a lot of variation in the distance from your point of tracking
at times.

Was that intentional or as a result of the wind gusting ?

K.
Thank you,

Yes it has been very windy the past 3 days. The MA2 seems to handle it well.
The variations in distance is all in the active tracking personally. It seems to have a mind of it's own. Kinda creepy and cool at the same time. I do not believe any of it was wind related as it can hold position quite well. The lock was on my son and was responding to his movements. It does occasionally loose the lock as you can see when it's over our heads. I'm curious what we can descretly wear to make it hold lock better.

Reactions: KoorbeladDigital
We lost it around the corner of the fence and a couple times while we were carrying the floor it couldn't had a hard time but all in all it almost seems alive.

Yes seems almost alive and can attack. Check out Active Track attacks on You tube. Haven't seen this problem addressed yet.
Nice to see your son helping with the shed.

Wearing a more contrasted color to help you stand out from your surroundings will help it follow better.

I have questions about this. Do you need to be carrying the controller for the drone to track you? And i presume it avoids things while moving around tracking you?

I have questions about this. Do you need to be carrying the controller for the drone to track you? And i presume it avoids things while moving around tracking you?

You don’t have to have the controller to be followed. You can trace another person and it will follow them. The mini won’t avoid things because it lacks sensors except for downward.
Other models have better obstacle avoidance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121