DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low and fast

Cappydrone

Reactions
Hi guys. New to the whole drone thing and have had my mavic mini for about a week. Today when I was flying around a park in sport mode it got me to thinking, how low can you fly the mini to the ground at full pelt forward and will it hit the ground if you go to low?

I noticed that whilst going full right stick forward and full left stick down it would let me get closer to the ground than it normally would before trying to land if it was hovering.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is if I go full right stick forward and full left stick down, will the bottom facing sensors stop it hitting the ground

no you would be pushing beyond the sensors capabilities,if you bank and fly forwards at the same time in an aircraft it will start to loose height the same thing applies to the drone ,so to compensate you would need some up stick as well, but all this happens very quickly, and dont forget perspective has a part to play here so be carefull

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Hi guys. New to the whole drone thing and have had my mavic mini for about a week. Today when I was flying around a park in sport mode it got me to thinking, how low can you fly the mini to the ground at full pelt forward and will it hit the ground if you go to low?

I noticed that whilst going full right stick forward and full left stick down it would let me get closer to the ground than it normally would before trying to land if it was hovering.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is if I go full right stick forward and full left stick down, will the bottom facing sensors stop it hitting the ground
I can confirm, it will hit the ground if you go to low. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada