Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LOW BATTERY RTH INDOOR

umar air3

Reactions
Helo my friends
I just get DJI AIR 3
i m totally new cumer in aerial field.
before some days i was flying in indoor wedding event who was held in MARQUE .
When i was flying suddenly my rc2 gave me beeps for 25% battery remaining warnings then i was lose control then drone was AUTOMATICALLY flying at his HOME POINT who was fortunately in MARQUEE reception,amazingly drone was bypass any stuff smothelly and LAND safelly
If anybody clear my confussion so i will b grateful to him

1#
I was set RTH HEIGHT at 250 meters so i was think that drone went try at 250 meters then collapse at marque roof who are hardly 30 feets
question is that "why drone was not gone at 250 meter n didn't collapse with roof or fly nearly 6ft or land at RTH
2 #
Best setting for low battery RTH in indoor where tooo much stuff found
I will b grateful to u

Last edited:
The best strategy is to be aware that the drone will want to return home when the battery is getting low.
With that knowledge, plan to land and change batteries before that happens.

Reactions: umar air3
1. Why on earth have you got that set so high, and furthermore illegally so ? The max allowable height in most in countries is 400 ft. Perhaps you meant 200 ft instead ?! A drone of this size is very unlikely to be able to collapse the roof of a whole marquee. If the worst happens, it will rise to the roof, get its props caught in the fabric up there, bounce around a bit, and then probably fall down and crash.

2. Air 3 has omnidirectional OBS avoidance, which, it seems was good enough to prevent its initial rise on this occasion.

3. The best setting for indoor RTH is off ! You want it to hover if anything goes wrong indoors, or in rarer cases land, which is the other option. Not in a marquee full of people tho !

At low battery RTH you need to be ready for that, and to cancel it, which remains an option for 10 seconds after the message appears, if you haven't set RTH options suitable for indoors. Then you can calmly move your drone to a good landing spot and pop it down yourself well before it tries to force you to do it !

3. The best setting for indoor RTH is off ! You want it to hover if anything goes wrong indoors, or in rarer cases land, which is the other option.
There are no options in the RTH settings.

You are confusing RTH with the Loss of Signal options

The best strategy is to be aware that the drone will want to return home when the battery is getting low.
With that knowledge, plan to land and change batteries before that happens.
actually i m new comer so not know more..i m confused that why my drone at RTH safely ,remember i was set rth height at nearky 250m (i was flying indoor)

point 1) that's a very high RTH, aside from the legal question, outdoors it risks putting the drone up into strong winds which may literally blow the drone away.
point 1a) how far from the home point ? There are distance vs behaviour thresholds, my guess is not far, since it was "flying in indoor wedding event which was held in MARQUE".

My suggestion read the manual,
the RTH behaviours are explained in reasonable detail in there.

Point 2, as mentioned by Meta4 there are no settings for Low battery RTH, again read the manual.

I find it very alarming that you flew the drone at such an event whilst not knowing any of the above.
I would again suggest you read the manual before you fly this drone again.

In that marquee it was a set of flying, rotating knives, you have had a VERY lucky escape that it did not injure some one.

Last edited:
1. Why on earth have you got that set so high, and furthermore illegally so ? The max allowable height in most in countries is 400 ft. Perhaps you meant 200 ft instead ?! A drone of this size is very unlikely to be able to collapse the roof of a whole marquee. If the worst happens, it will rise to the roof, get its props caught in the fabric up there, bounce around a bit, and then probably fall down and crash.

2. Air 3 has omnidirectional OBS avoidance, which, it seems was good enough to prevent its initial rise on this occasion.

3. The best setting for indoor RTH is off ! You want it to hover if anything goes wrong indoors, or in rarer cases land, which is the other option. Not in a marquee full of people tho !

At low battery RTH you need to be ready for that, and to cancel it, which remains an option for 10 seconds after the message appears, if you haven't set RTH options suitable for indoors. Then you can calmly move your drone to a good landing spot and pop it down yourself well before it tries to force you to do it !
sooo thanks for kind reply,i will follow urs instruction

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronemdp