DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low flying wart hogs

Daytona500

Reactions
ok just sitting here trying to figure out the log in and out thing and 3 A-10's came flying over downtown very low, I could see the pilots in the cockpits ,this cant be legal

Report it to the FAA. But most likey they had permission.

Reactions: sarahb and MA2 317
permission? what happens if they crashed in town, their flying right over the town offices and resort hotels.yikes

permission? what happens if they crashed in town, their flying right over the town offices and resort hotels.yikes
I guess they would pay the price.

Other than contacting the FAA, I'm not sure what you expect anyone here to say. I'm not trying to be rude, but this forum has no direct contact with the FAA

Seems scary, but the risk of catastrophe really isn't much higher if they're skilled pilots.

An aircraft can fall on the downtown from 500' or 30,000'. The result is the same. So long as the airspace is clear and controlled, it may seem scary to the folk on the ground, but the same occurs here in San Jose, CA where the airport is smack in the middle of downtown and planes are flying scary low on takeoff and landing 24/7.

And not warthogs. 747s.

Seems scary, but the risk of catastrophe really isn't much higher if they're skilled pilots.

An aircraft can fall on the downtown from 500' or 30,000'. The result is the same. So long as the airspace is clear and controlled, it may seem scary to the folk on the ground, but the same occurs here in San Jose, CA where the airport is smack in the middle of downtown and planes are flying scary low on takeoff and landing 24/7.

And not warthogs. 747s.
I agree 100% with what you are saying but it seems a bit ironic that so many people (including the FAA) are super concerned with drones hitting someone as opposed to a somewhat larger jumbo jet doing the same. Could you imagine if the FAA required planes to have safety parachutes? 🤪

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
I hear what you all sayin,but it just doesn't make sense with all the open land area around here and all across the country that the military has to do low runs over towns.

Try a Google for "Mach loop video", USA pilots also fly that route.
E.g.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've seen all the Mach loop video's what you point?
Low flying may need to be practised every where especially for something like a Wart Hog which is primarily a ground attack aircraft, isn't it?
I've had the crap scared out of me by a low flying RAF Tornado over Hebden Bridge, the nosie was incredible.

I agree 100% with what you are saying but it seems a bit ironic that so many people (including the FAA) are super concerned with drones hitting someone as opposed to a somewhat larger jumbo jet doing the same. Could you imagine it the FAA required planes to safety parachutes? 🤪
Don't some small planes have parachutes ? And I don't mean parachutes for braking after landing.
That said it would would have to be something 'special' to save a large aircraft.

Low flying may need to be practised every where especially for something like a Wart Hog which is primarily a ground attack aircraft, isn't it?
I've had the crap scared out of me by a low flying RAF Tornado over Hebden Bridge, the nosie was incredible.
My close encounter was with a Fat Albert (Hercules) half way across the Pontcysyllte aqueduct that spans the Dee valley. Low enough to see the panels on the belly.

@Daytona500 thank goodness they weren't low flying elephants,they make a much bigger crater than wart hogs ,when they hit the ground 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
sorry my stupid sense of humour got the better of me again

I agree 100% with what you are saying but it seems a bit ironic that so many people (including the FAA) are super concerned with drones hitting someone as opposed to a somewhat larger jumbo jet doing the same. Could you imagine if the FAA required planes to have safety parachutes? 🤪

I don't see the irony. Jimbob buying an Air 3 at Bestbuy and then passing the TRUST test is not comparable to me to an Army Warthog or commercial jet pilot.

So, IF you vest tremendous cred in experience and training being critical to safety, regardless if it's a 747 or a craft from a folded 8x11" piece of paper... "I give you, the F, A, A." – Hans Gruber, Die Hard, paraphrased.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AhmadCGM