DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lowepro Viewpoint BP250 on sale at Fry’s

mcsenerd

Reactions
I grabbed one of these today. It was sort of an impulse purchase, but Fry’s has them on sale for $59 with Promo Code. I figure that’s a pretty darn reasonable price even if I just use it as a backup bag for the MP2 and some of the rest of my junk. I’m hoping the FlyMore shoulder bag fits in place of the included smaller bag, but my kit doesn’t arrive until Monday so it’s just a hope right now.

Reactions: Colbymh
Well, the fly more bag is a tight squeeze and it does fit, but I ended up also picking up the Droneguard BP250. I'm headed to Puerto Rico with it and the M2P tonight (**** Isaac will probably keep me from flying...) and so far so good. I've got the drone, Gear360, monopod, my Sony A6k w/pancake zoom and big zoom, my 15" Surface Book 2 and my iPad mini 3 (and associated junk) in there and so far so good. 20180911_151339.jpg

Well, like I said...I picked up the Viewpoint 250 at Fry's the other day while waiting for the Droneguard BP250 that I picked up from Amazon. I kind of like the Viewpoint while using the FlyMore bag, but for this trip I felt like the extra protection for the drone provided by the Droneguard bag was worth it.

@mcsenerd , do you like the Droneguard better?

Do you have a pic of your stuff in the Viewpoint you could share?

Man, it was really tough on me to decide for this trip. I really don't think either of them are just perfect and they each have their pros and cons. The Viewpoint seems just a hair wider than the Droneguard and I really like that you "could" just pull out the FlyMore bag and go fly with that if you felt like it. That being said though, we all know how tight the FlyMore bag is, so it seems to me that the Droneguard provides much better drone protection overall. Also, I do like that the Droneguard has a cellphone holder built into shoulder strap and that's not present with the Viewpoint. When I get back from this trip, I'll post some pics of using the FlyMore bag with the Viewpoint. For ~$59, I'll just likely keep the Viewpoint. It's certainly worth that price...heck, what's one more bag with the umpteen jillions that I've already got...

I agonized between the viewpoint and droneguard for several days and finally ordered the droneguard from Andromeda and for the most part I'm happy with it. But like you say it's still not ideal.

You got a heck of a price on that viewpoint.

Well, the fly more bag is a tight squeeze and it does fit, View attachment 46159
Any chance you could post a picture showing the fit? I have had the Viewpoint for over a year for my original Mavic. The slide-in bag fit the Mavic fairly well although it could’ve been a bit more roomy (depth). With the Mavic 2, I don’t like how much the top of the slide-in bag pushes down on the motors. It’s just too tight for my liking. So I’ve been looking for something to replace that bag that’ll fit in the Viewpoint side pocket. I found one case that holds the Mavic 2 beautifully but it’s just too tight (width) in the side compartment. It’ll go but you have to wrestle it too much.

I didn’t buy the fly-more combo but thought that bag might be close. So, I’m wondering how tight the fit is.

Ok. Got back tonight. The Droneguard BP250 did the job for the trip good enough. When I got back, I unpacked the drone junk and repacked into the flymore bag (drone w/battery, 2 spare batteries, AC Charger and cord, charging hub, all cables and extra props). Then I put it into the Viewpoint bag. Here are some pics getting it into the Viewpoint BP250:

B846DC5D-A6A5-4F4D-AC14-09C34B29B473.jpeg
C2427B76-ACB9-4001-BDC7-A9CAEAC989BE.jpeg

Now, the only way at all to get the bag in there is with the flap facing the rear of the backpack. Then, you have to sort of work the zipper of the backpack around the flymore bag. Once you get it in part way, it slides down pretty easily.

737A70F2-F905-45E7-8A55-41FC175F287F.jpeg
CCB6B449-C91C-4909-B5D9-582A08EDD7A7.jpeg
EF675DE1-9397-4B27-9E3B-051EFE16A39E.jpeg

Reactions: wsettle
Ok. Got back tonight. The Droneguard BP250 did the job for the trip good enough. When I got back, I unpacked the drone junk and repacked into the flymore bag (drone w/battery, 2 spare batteries, AC Charger and cord, charging hub, all cables and extra props). Then I put it into the Viewpoint bag. Here are some pics getting it into the Viewpoint BP250:

View attachment 46565
View attachment 46566

Now, the only way at all to get the bag in there is with the flap facing the rear of the backpack. Then, you have to sort of work the zipper of the backpack around the flymore bag. Once you get it in part way, it slides down pretty easily.

View attachment 46567
View attachment 46569
View attachment 46568

Wow, Thanks so much for that level of detail. It’s much appreciated. It looks like the Fly-More bag fits similar to the solution I came up with. Have to work it in to the spot and then even more of a bear to get it out. It would be so much easier if LowePro would just make some other bags that fit in that spot and specifically one that was a little deeper. I think I might just sell the Viewpoint and pick up the Droneguard.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dozerdan