DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lower cover removal help

kendagenius

Reactions
Tried to take off my lower cover of my mini and broke the plastic pieces that goes into the drone :(

what tool would you guys recommend to remove the plastic pieces so that I can replace it with a new cover?4D624D33-856C-4B8F-B3CA-F502E60B5143.jpeg

Plastic pieces are covering the threaded end of a screw?

The first picture is a little fuzzy.
More pics of the plastic piece that’s giving you the problem will help.
thanks

left piece is broke, right piece is the new one . If you look closely you can see that the left one is broken. image.jpg

Screws. Check the 1:50 mark on the video.
Top shell would need to be removed before the bottom small cover to access the two screws you’re dealing with.

The pry tool is called a spudger. I have the toolkit Starz linked to, it has everything you need. I've used it a lot repairing my 2012 Macbook Pro Retina; replaced the battery and keyboard, fixed the card reader. Had the whole thing apart and reassembled successfully. It also has the tools you need to work on smartphones.

The video guy uses a metal spudger. The kit contains both plastic and metal pry tools; if I were doing it I'd start with the softer, plastic ones as the safer option. Failing that, move on to the metal ones.

Reactions: Starz
Also have seen people use a credit card or old hotel key card as a pry tool.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke