DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

lower video quality download to phone possible?

seeme

Reactions
Hi guys,
I hope someone can help me with my question. I am struggling to find an option in the FLY app to download videos directly from my MA2 to my phone in lower quality (720p or less) instead of the full 4k? With my old MA and the GO4 app this was easy since the app only allowed a low quality download of video files. This was sufficient to edit videos for posting on social media directly.

In the FLY app, however, I haven't seen this option. Instead, I have to download the original video files. This is quite unpractical as firstly, those files are quite large (several GB) hence downloading them with 5MB/sec takes too long and secondly, the app transcodes the footage before editing and downscales it further after editing to max 720-1080p. So it really doesn't make much sense for videos that are intended to be shared quickly on social media.

Does anyone have an idea of how this works?

Thanks!
seeme

You're mistaken.

The screen version of the MM2 video and pics are stored locally in the DJI Fly cache, and can be accessed from the intro screen (not the FPV screen you fly from) by clicking the Album button on the lower right.

That will give you access to the cached (720p) versions. You can edit and manipulate these in the DJI app, or "upload" to your phone's storage (waste of time, the video's already in your storage) and do whatever you want with it.

And I believe what you thought you were downloading in the Go4 app was really the cache video already there.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803