DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LUTs for Mavic Pro

Rojillio Santoro

Reactions
Shortly after I purchased my MP dji discontinued the product and it seems all the 3rd party support ceased, particularly Polarpro a company I have confidence in followed. I'm struggling to get video from the MP that looks as good as that from my Spark. I know it can be done as I've seen many beautiful vids from MP on Youtube. I wanted to purchase the LUTs collection for MP from Polarpro, but the page says sold out. Gimme a break how can software be sold out? Is your copy file command broken? I received the following response:

Thank you for contacting PolarPro Support, and sorry for any confusion there. "Discontinued" would be a more accurate term than "sold out" in this case, and we have asked our web team to update that product page to make the status more clear. We decided to redirect the resources being put toward maintaining those LUTs, so they are unavailable for the time being. However, the Mavic 2 Pro LUTs would be very similar - those are for D-LogM footage so it's a similar color space and the LUTs will work as a good starting point.

Do you think this would be as good for MP as the set I wanted or should I just keep struggling with doing the adjustments myself?

Shortly after I purchased my MP dji discontinued the product and it seems all the 3rd party support ceased, particularly Polarpro a company I have confidence in followed. I'm struggling to get video from the MP that looks as good as that from my Spark. I know it can be done as I've seen many beautiful vids from MP on Youtube. I wanted to purchase the LUTs collection for MP from Polarpro, but the page says sold out. Gimme a break how can software be sold out? Is your copy file command broken? I received the following response:

Thank you for contacting PolarPro Support, and sorry for any confusion there. "Discontinued" would be a more accurate term than "sold out" in this case, and we have asked our web team to update that product page to make the status more clear. We decided to redirect the resources being put toward maintaining those LUTs, so they are unavailable for the time being. However, the Mavic 2 Pro LUTs would be very similar - those are for D-LogM footage so it's a similar color space and the LUTs will work as a good starting point.

Do you think this would be as good for MP as the set I wanted or should I just keep struggling with doing the adjustments myself?
You can have these.

They are right the M2 LUTs work well on the M1 video. The three not labeled M2 are for the M1 but I’ve just been using the M2 LUT now a days cause I think it’s better.

I do D-Cinelike +1, -2, 0 and it works well. Remember LUTS are just a starting point.

Reactions: AxelR
You can have these.

They are right the M2 LUTs work well on the M1 video. The three not labeled M2 are for the M1 but I’ve just been using the M2 LUT now a days cause I think it’s better.

I do D-Cinelike +1, -2, 0 and it works well. Remember LUTS are just a starting point.
Thank you guys both. I'll give them a go. Yesterday I tried the LUTs included with Resolve and found a couple that looked promising, better than my manual tweeking, My main interest right now is ocean and surf videos.

If I ever get the adjustment right I'll save it as a LUT. I'm inclined to go back to using the Mavic presets. A video I shot recently using the True Color preset looks much better than the previous footage of the same location after hours of fiddling with color manual color adjustments and trying various LUTs. Thanks for the link.

If I ever get the adjustment right I'll save it as a LUT. I'm inclined to go back to using the Mavic presets. A video I shot recently using the True Color preset looks much better than the previous footage of the same location after hours of fiddling with color manual color adjustments and trying various LUTs. Thanks for the link.
Could you post those presets?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123