DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M1P not transmitting battery or camera data after camera cable replacement

FlyingFilmmaker

Reactions
Site
flyingfilmmakerpro.com
After a crash a couple weeks ago I first replaced the ribbon cable in the gimbal (which was actually severed) and then the PTZ camera cable. Now that I have it all together the gimbal and camera still aren't working and when I connect it to the controller it doesn't show any battery info.

As far as the camera and gimbal I think it could have something to do with the plug for the PTZ cable on the camera board. Every time I take that connector off the little metal insert comes out with it and it's a pain to get it back in right. This time it seemed like it didn't want to hold on to the cable but I finally got it. Wondering if that plug might be the issue there...

What I really can't figure out is the lack of battery data. The lights on the drone are not blinking the way I'm used to and it doesn't turn the fan on either. It also seems to take a very long time to turn off. I don't think this is from the initial crash because I flew it (without camera functional) after the crash and everything was working great. It's also not the battery since I've tried multiple batts in it.

Does anyone have an idea what's going on either with the camera/gimbal or the battery data transmission and general issues?

Check the ribbon cable on the top board that connects the ESC board and the bottom board, I had the same symptoms. It is glued down on both sides but when I checked by pushing down on it, it had been disconnected.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580