DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2E 6x zoom

DMDR1117

Reactions
New enterprise user-am I doing something wrong, or can you NOT capture still images in 6x zoom? I have had success with taking video in 6x zoom, but when I snap a still, the camera automatically returns to 1x and captures the image. My fun is aviation, not photography! there is so much to learn about the photography piece of this business! Thanks for any intell...

Per the manual:

Enterprise uses a 1/2.3" CMOS sensor camera, supports 2x optical zoom, and the lens is 24-48 mm (35 mm format equivalent). The camera supports auto focus, which can focus at 0.5 m to infinity. The camera also supports replacing filters. The Mavic 2 Enterprise camera shoots up to 4K30fps video and 12-megapixel photos, supports shooting modes such as Single shot, Burst shooting, Interval, and Enhanced HDR. Mavic 2 Enterprise supports 2x optical zoom and 3x digital zoom when recording video in 1080p24/25/30.

I interpret this as the 2X optical zoom is available in still photo mode; the additional 3X digital zoom is only available while shooting video.

The way it does this is it lowers the resolution in digital zoom...

Of course if you have a utility on your mobile device or smart controller that allows you to do a screenshot it’s possible; that would be the only way I could think of to grab the 6X image while in video mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: brett8883
Per the manual:

Enterprise uses a 1/2.3" CMOS sensor camera, supports 2x optical zoom, and the lens is 24-48 mm (35 mm format equivalent). The camera supports auto focus, which can focus at 0.5 m to infinity. The camera also supports replacing filters. The Mavic 2 Enterprise camera shoots up to 4K30fps video and 12-megapixel photos, supports shooting modes such as Single shot, Burst shooting, Interval, and Enhanced HDR. Mavic 2 Enterprise supports 2x optical zoom and 3x digital zoom when recording video in 1080p24/25/30.

I interpret this as the 2X optical zoom is available in still photo mode; the additional 3X digital zoom is only available while shooting video.

The way it does this is it lowers the resolution in digital zoom...

Of course if you have a utility on your mobile device or smart controller that allows you to do a screenshot it’s possible; that would be the only way I could think of to grab the 6X image while in video mode.
The 3x additional digital zoom is just a crop of the center of the video frame. The OP just needs to crop the 2x optical zoom still image in post to get the same result while shooting stills.

Alternatively, a still frame extract from the 6x dynamic zoom1080p video can be used, but will be at a much lower resolution.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive