DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2EA live streaming

Jacko2511

Reactions
Hey,

So I purchased the M2EA for SAR use and I'm having a real problem trying to figure out how to use the RTMP live streaming feature on the smart controller.

Does anyone know how to live stream using the smart controller. I want to stream to temas in the ground and incident control centers. I do not want to stream to YouTube, Facebook etc.

I cannot find much information on a step by step solution I tried with Microsoft teams but I believe the steps I've tried to do are wrong.

Or does anyone know of any cheap RTMP subscription services that support live feeds such as airworkz, drone deploy go command.

Thanks for any help

WELCOME to the forum :)

Reactions: Jacko2511
Hey,

So I purchased the M2EA for SAR use and I'm having a real problem trying to figure out how to use the RTMP live streaming feature on the smart controller.

Does anyone know how to live stream using the smart controller. I want to stream to temas in the ground and incident control centers. I do not want to stream to YouTube, Facebook etc.

I cannot find much information on a step by step solution I tried with Microsoft teams but I believe the steps I've tried to do are wrong.

Or does anyone know of any cheap RTMP subscription services that support live feeds such as airworkz, drone deploy go command.

Thanks for any help
It's pretty hard from the dji apps. They locked to youtube/facebook and I never got them stable,
I only got it to work with my own app. I ended up with a webserver running on the phone which acts as a streaming server. You could just connect a webbrowser to your phone's ip. Which I think is the most stable solution, havn't seen any other do that though,. It's not public available.

On youtube you need 1000subscribers, and the latency will be >5s

I'm not aware of any app that has a good solution. It might be though. Sadly is the dji live streams a hazzle to work with in sw.

I would recommend to stream from a screen sharing app. You will get som latency, but sounds like the best option for you.

Reactions: BigAl07
There are many Youtube videos showing how to run your home pc as a server. They will tell you what software and hardware you will need to do an RTMP server the correct way.

I have not had the time or need to setup my own and for now Google Meet on the Smart Controller Live Streams pretty well. I have not yet tried Microsoft Teams on the Smart Controller, but we do use it at work on a phone that acts as the device for the Autel Evo 2 Dual and Teams works very well with low latency.

There are many Youtube videos showing how to run your home pc as a server. They will tell you what software and hardware you will need to do an RTMP server the correct way.

I have not had the time or need to setup my own and for now Google Meet on the Smart Controller Live Streams pretty well. I have not yet tried Microsoft Teams on the Smart Controller, but we do use it at work on a phone that acts as the device for the Autel Evo 2 Dual and Teams works very well with low latency.
Are you using the built in RTMP streaming or is everything you say for a 3rd party streaming app?

What latency can you expect? Is it less than 1second?

Thanks

No, I have not used RTMP for Live Streaming as for now I am happy with using Google Meet on the Smart Controller for M2EA. At work we use Microsoft Teams on a phone that acts as the device for our Evo 2 Dual. The latency we get in our area, using Verizon for the Evo 2 Dual and Tmobile for my M2EA is under a second.

On Youtube, Doug Johnson Productions (Amongst many others) has more than 1 video on how to turn your home PC into a server, all the hardware and software you need to setup an RTMP streaming platform. There are other videos and ways to do this also, just do some research.

At work last week we had a structure fire and the chief was off for the day. We have Microsoft Teams already setup with groups and members. I turn on Teams, start a live stream and send invites to the relevant people. I share the screen and all invited people can see the full flight screen from the Evo 2 Dual. Furthermore it has audio so the chief can communicate with me to keep my hands on the controller instead of my portable radio enhancing safety. It works very well so I have not had to try to setup an RTMP server as I find Teams to be very easy and functional.

Hey, thanks for your reply. Is it possible you could send me a step by step guide how to set this up for Google meet if you have the time please. That would be great

Reactions: Chaplain Cody
Hey, thanks for your reply. Is it possible you could send me a step by step guide how to set this up for Google meet if you have the time please. That would be great
How did you make out with this?

I have now tried both Teams and Google Meet on a Smart Controller and both worked well. Just be sure to have a fast Wifi connection available for the Smart Controller. If using an LTE phone you should be good.

Reactions: wfdbackdraft
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121