DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2ED IMU Resets Mid-flight

Cookedinlh

Reactions
I experienced a WARNING I'd never seen before . . in all my years and hundreds or hours flying all manor of DJI.
"IMU Initializing. Do not move the aircraft until initialization has been completed"

This was about 15 min into a flight when the Mavic 2 ED was hovering at about 30-40 m height and 150m away. And the system re-registered it's height then a ZERO

Anybody ever experienced that. IMU RESET ? . . . mid-flight!
we brought it home and did a full IMU calibrations and seemed to be fine but any ideas about what might cause that. Fortunately we were not moving or very far away. Here's the last bit from AIRDATA
1636572780318.png

• Wow
Reactions: MarkusAtHome
That's quite scary, I've never read about that happening before, imagine if that happened while on a waypoint mission, height would be all over the place, can only assume it was down to data corruption while processing incoming information, but that's just a guess, could you fly it to exact same location but be closer to drone to monitor it, maybe strong local interference, if you could post your logs to here maybe someone could have a more in depth look.

Happy to share the logs soon as I get some time. It was in a rural area . (yellow track) in the middle of an empty field that in the same area it had just flown minutes before (blue track) with no issue. . . see green
I'll try and post data files later today

Attachments

• M2EDFail.jpg
    M2EDFail.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 1
The closest thing that I had to your issue involved my Mavic 2 Pro informing me that it had switched to the secondary IMU while in flight. This really caught me off guard, as I had never seen this advisory before. I too, did an IMU calibration prior to my next flight, and having flown maybe sixty or so hours since, I have not seen that advisory again.

Reactions: Jamesz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll