DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P 30 FPS.

deltamike

Reactions
I have shot some 30 fps video with my Mavic 2 pro.

On the PC screen (Win 7) in properties details the FPS is 29 which my Pinnacle editing software can't handle smoothly.

So, my question is this. Does anyone have any M2 P 30fps footage on their PC and when you go into properties on the clip, is it 29 or 30 fps please.

Thanks

Many thanks Pablo.

Sorted

Reactions: Pablo
I have shot some 30 fps video with my Mavic 2 pro.

On the PC screen (Win 7) in properties details the FPS is 29 which my Pinnacle editing software can't handle smoothly.

So, my question is this. Does anyone have any M2 P 30fps footage on their PC and when you go into properties on the clip, is it 29 or 30 fps please.

Thanks
All of the digital cameras I've owned call it "30 fps" but mathematically it works out to 29.97 fps. Most non-linear video editing programs I'm familiar with should provide more detailed information about the clip than Microsoft's properties and should disclose that it is 29.97 fps. Did you check the clip properties with Pinnacle? Good luck!

Reactions: deltamike
All of the digital cameras I've owned call it "30 fps" but mathematically it works out to 29.97 fps. Most non-linear video editing programs I'm familiar with should provide more detailed information about the clip than Microsoft's properties and should disclose that it is 29.97 fps. Did you check the clip properties with Pinnacle? Good luck!

Thanks. I did check the clip properties and you are right. Pinnacle does report 29.97 fps.

Out of interest, why 29.97 fps? Was someone with influence having a really bad day.?

Thanks. I did check the clip properties and you are right. Pinnacle does report 29.97 fps.

Out of interest, why 29.97 fps? Was someone with influence having a really bad day.?
I know, it seems goofy. Here's an Adobe article that explains it: https://www.connect.ecuad.ca/~mrose/pdf_documents/timecode.pdf. I see that you're from the UK. Here in the US we use the NTCS "protocol" because that's what our TV sets used. Folks in Europe have used the PAL "protocol". From what I understand, most TV's now are able to play either protocol. Here's another link that explains the two systems: NTSC vs PAL - Difference and Comparison | Diffen. A lot this stuff is probably legacy analog stuff and may not be very important any more. I'm sure there are lots of folks out there who can provide more info. Good luck!

Reactions: deltamike
Thanks for your help Twocalf.

Stay safe Thumbswayup

NTSC vs PAL doesn't matter much with digital video and TVs. It only mattered with analog video. The worst that happens if frame rate is incorrectly interpreted is that motion is too fast or slow.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu