DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P and SC errors

3 River UAS

Reactions
I’m a complete noob and having some difficulties. Took delivery last week I did the firmware updates on both units. I took it out yesterday and got humidity and navigational errors. Rebooted both, calibrated IMU and restarted again. It finally let me take off. I was in beginner mode. Took it up to a hover just above head high.

I practiced yaw, making turns going forward, backwards and sideways. Wasn’t perfect but was comfortable. Then I tried taking it up. It suddenly took off extremely fast straight up and out of sight. I wasn’t able to get it down with the stick. I gave up and and hit RTH. It come down as fast as it went up. It wouldn’t slow the descent and bounced off the grass. The controller had reverted to having the same errors in flight and was showing them. I saw some threads similar but I couldn’t get firmware to reinstall as suggested.

I watched several YouTube tutorials on setup but apparently missed something. Any suggestions?
26798A68-05E0-4BE3-8E0C-A4938599875E.jpeg

I’m a complete noob and having some difficulties. Took delivery last week I did the firmware updates on both units. I took it out yesterday and got humidity and navigational errors. Rebooted both, calibrated IMU and restarted again. It finally let me take off. I was in beginner mode. Took it up to a hover just above head high.

I practiced yaw, making turns going forward, backwards and sideways. Wasn’t perfect but was comfortable. Then I tried taking it up. It suddenly took off extremely fast straight up and out of sight. I wasn’t able to get it down with the stick. I gave up and and hit RTH. It come down as fast as it went up. It wouldn’t slow the descent and bounced off the grass. The controller had reverted to having the same errors in flight and was showing them. I saw some threads similar but I couldn’t get firmware to reinstall as suggested.

I watched several YouTube tutorials on setup but apparently missed something. Any suggestions?
View attachment 107524

If you post the logs to the forum you will likely get a few of our experts analysing the logs for to determine what happened.

Judging by the first error message the barometer wasn’t correctly measuring altitude.

I’ve had a bit of trouble getting the logs. Some of the things aren’t showing the same on the SC.

I did however resolve the problem. When I calibrated the IMU and Compass I was in the house. When inside I didn’t get any errors they only appeared when outside. While outside I recalibrated them both again and restarted the aircraft. Problem solved. The only thing I can figure is that there was some kind of interference (magnetic etc) inside.

I’ve found a local tutor that is coming later this week so I hope to be better at pulling logs soon.

As a follow up, I was wrong. I didn't get it fixed. I tried to fly a few days later and it had the same issue again. We tried using another SC and a standard controller with iPhone. It worked 1 time on the SC but started having the same errors. Once it took flight it ascended to an undetermined height. DJI Go 4 showed -571 Ft.

I did a Chat with DJI support (which was really good). Ended up sending to TX for repair. The emailed back the same day they got it and said it had a bad IMU. I'm not sure if I'll get the same one back or not. I had already skinned it so I may be out a skin, we'll see. I should get it back later this week.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato