DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P camera glass broken after crash

mariachi76

Reactions
Hello,
I just crash-landed my M2 pro. Props, camera glass and gimbal got somewhat damaged. After exchanging props it flies perfectly again. The up/down axis of gimbal has a somewhat bigger space on one side, but also works fine (see photo).
So just the camera glass needs to be fixed. Can this be exchanged by me? On the DJI page I didn't see it as a spare part.

I do have the DJI care and still two shots left.
So what to do? Try to fix it myself or send it in? (and probably get a different, refurbished one)
I would prefer to fix myself if possible, but hope for your advice.

thanks
mariachi76

Attachments

• IMG_6089.jpeg
    IMG_6089.jpeg
    371.3 KB · Views: 77
Hope you can fix it yourself Mariachi.
When I was into photography I had a UV / Skylight filter permanently attached to my lenses so they could get damaged instead of the expensive lens.
I will now start this practice on my drones, don't know why I hadn't thought of this before now.

Did you pop the lens cover off ? Maybe that's all that was damaged and you can replace it with another UV filter.

Reactions: Turn11 and ff22
looks like the camera support arm on the right is a little bent as well, the gap between the arm and camera should look the same as the gap on the left, but,, looking at the damage to the camera and point of impact it may be the left arm was pushed over

If it is just the lens, you can try a UV lens. Here is a link for PolarPro. They are more expensive than others but if you will be using it all the time, you don't want to risk a cheap one. They show a listing for a UV filter on this page.
Single Filter - Cinema Series | Mavic 2 Pro

You can also do a search for other UV filters.

Reactions: ff22
Probably a good call going by the looks of the gimbal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J