DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P Not Recognizing SD Card

DaveK-OR

Reactions
My new M2P is for some reason not recognizing the sd card inserted into the external memory slot. The card is a SanDisk Extreme 128gb U3 card purchased with the drone. The card does work in my Smart Controller. With the card in my M2P, in the camera settings page where you chose where to store photos, the sd card does not appear as an option. Also, in the lines where you choose to format memory (either the sd card or internal) both show as "N/A".

Finally, when I connect my M2P to my computer with a USB cable, my computer can see both the internal memory and the sd card inserted into the drone.

Am I missing something, or is a warranty repair in my near future?

Finally, when I connect my M2P to my computer with a USB cable, my computer can see both the internal memory and the sd card inserted into the drone.

Am I missing something, or is a warranty repair in my near future?

This part makes me think it could be a software/config thing (wishful thinking).
Before you give up, I would do 2 things:
  • Update/re-flash drone firmware
  • re-format SD card (externally)
If the drone still won't "see" the SD card on it's own, then you may have a problem.

Many thanks for the advice. I booted up DJI Assistant 2, linked to the drone, and did a "refresh" of the firmware. Now it recognizes both the sd card and the internal storage.

I was afraid I might have to ship this nearly new drone back to DJI.

Reactions: StantonZ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu